My 37 year old Expedition Trailer

Oakbluffcamper

Observer
This my friends is a very interesting photo. It was taken at town of Arrow Rock Missouri where the Santa Fe Trail crosses the Missouri River. I was actually kinda shocked when I compared the two wagons and realize how similar they are yet nearly 200 years apart. Both have wood box with bows to hold the canvas over the top and spoke wheels (some folks actually refer to my trailer wheels as "wagon wheels"). And both are carrying our travel sundries on the same Santa Fe Trail. WoW!

The Conestoga wagon was probably pulled by oxen mine is pulled by horsepower. :)

Last edited:

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
Very nice! I built one in 1970 that was almost it's twin.

Dragged it everywhere. A friend hounded me for years to sell it to him.

So I did in 2006. He's still pulling it.

Built a slide in box a lot like yours and spent many nights sleeping in it.
Kayaks and bicycles tied to the top!

When you build them right the first time all you can do is upgrade.

I'm a big Isuzu fan too! I've got 5!

damon1272

Observer
Love seeing the pics of the FJ 40. Growing up in the 70's my old man had one that we would go out camping and off roading in.

Oakbluffcamper

Observer
This is my Daughter-in-Law she loves to go camping with us.

Square skillets are the best for a Coleman stove they cover the whole stove and hold more food the a round skillet.

This is my mom on her last camping visit she was 90 years when this pic was taken in 2010. My mom was a camping fanatic she owned at least 7 campers over the years including a Airstream Globtrotter (64) and a 61 Airstream Bambi. I still have it. This will be a story I will tell somewhere else.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears