My Eezi-Awn/trailer touring rig concept is under way:

compactcamping

Explorer
This hinge setup is a similar to what the Eezi-Awn has.

3603301671_039e8926de.jpg

3603301701_724fe026dd.jpg

RoyP

Observer
Ah, I see now, of course. I know that kind of hinge in another context as an "offset pivot". Thanks much, Compact!

RoyP

Observer
I havn't had time to post for a while. The tent came a few weeks ago. It's wonderful! Legend about how well it'a made is not an exaggeration :)

Thanks Scott for your great efforts in getting this to me.

I've installed it in the normal way, for now, on the roof of my... Volvo wagon. (picture.) No laughter, please, it's no hummer, but it's a pretty capable off road 4wd car for a city kid like me!

I'm going to use it in this configuration for a bit before I do a mod, to see how I like it. To deal with the fact that when camp is set up, my vehicle is bound down, I have purchased a small dirt bike. I should say tiny. It's a 58lb folding DiBlasi, and I'm attaching a pic of it too. And don't miss the last pic showing the DiBlasi folded up. It's very cool!

I am getting a hitch installed on the car for a future trailer. I am also getting a cargo carrier for the back bumper, for now. I plan to carry the folded mini bike on the carrier, as well as a water tank, possibly a second battery, and if legal, a propane tank and kitchen stuff. Does anybody know what the regulations are regarding putting a propane tank on a cargo carrier on the rear of the car?

Attachments

• IMG_0301-2.jpg
    IMG_0301-2.jpg
    648.8 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_0333.jpg
    IMG_0333.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:

Forum statistics