My First Expedition trailer project

alaska101

Observer
Well picked up my trailer today.

Ordered it up a month plus ago.
So its a snopro u5x8ke, had it made 12 inches higher and also reinforced the roof and added the extra door.

80d4e559ae72a21b42e2efa92c986414.jpg

ab54cf56b464f86c9bfb625f377a3161.jpg

82dfba2918faa488d021d1b1dcf9117b.jpg

60d72ec1ba7455d45023534098c27590.jpg

So I have to mod the rear door. It opens up and not side ways, making the rear door almost usless if you are over 3 foot.

Then a pull out kitchen in the front. I have a few ideas. I will post the plans soon.

Also have to have a aluminum box made for the front. For the power box and to hold the two propane bottles and gas cans, chain saw and go from there.

fast_suv

Adventurer
Looks like a good start.. bet it will look nice behind the JK too.

What are you looking at for the pull out kitchen? I am thinking about redoing/upgrading mine...

alaska101

Observer
I have a plan. I have to draw it out. I have looked at tons of forums and youtube videos. There are too may to look at.

SamM

Adventurer
alaska101,
Thanks for posting about your trailer. I went to their website and noticed that they also make Ice Huts. After searching out several manufacturers, I am now looking to have a custom Ice Shelter made to mount on my aluminum trailer. If they can't custom make it to my size, one of their other units might be a good candidate to cutdown to the correct size.

Either way, thanks again for posting this!

SamM

4'X6' SnowPro
image.jpg

5'X8' Legend
image.jpg

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
Well picked up my trailer today.

Ordered it up a month plus ago.
So its a snopro u5x8ke, had it made 12 inches higher and also reinforced the roof and added the extra door.

So I have to mod the rear door. It opens up and not side ways, making the rear door almost usless if you are over 3 foot.
If they did custom structural work and added an extra door, is there some reason they wouldn't hinge the rear door on the side instead of the top?

alaska101

Observer
Well I wanted them too but the hing is very weak. And for what I have planned for the rear door it would not hold it. So I wanted the option of the door opening two ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger