My new 09 Tacoma

TRDPARTS4U

Adventurer
RoundOut said:
Welcome to the ExPo. Unfortunately, I won't be any help in the seat department.

I love the looks of your truck. Not having been shopping for a new Taco lately, I was curious what the different switches are in the lower left dash shown in this picture.

http://picasaweb.google.com/themcgurks/09Tacoma/photo#s5235509951981932866

The top row looks like a foglight, rear diff lock, and some kind of an inverter (especially interested in that one), and the bottom row starts with the mirror adjustment switches, but I have no idea what the three to the right of it are. Thanks for the lesson in advance.

The 3 switches on the lower row are :

vehicle stability control

downhill assist control

side curtain airbag cut off

Jacque

JAFO

Thanks all.

Yes, the name is from Blue Thunder. I usually just lurk, but I promised myself after a year of reading this board, that when I got a truck I would participate.

I miss-spoke earlier. The safety features I was referring to we optional and are now standard. Stability control, side curtain airbags, etc.

I'm not sure how useful the backup camera will be. It is good for close up work, and is really cool the way it is in the mirror.

The inverter switch controls power to the 110v AC outlet in the bed.

I have had two long trips now, and hour or so each way, and the seats just kill me. With no support my leg becomes strained. I have looked at the seat, and I think I can shim the floor mount to tilt the seat say 5 degrees, which should do the trick.

Has anyone tried that before?

JAFO

Last edited:

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Interesting....I find these TRD seats to be some of the best I've owned. But I guess seats are kinda like mattresses; everyone has a unique preference.

Best feature on the newer Tacomas is the ability to manually disable the VSC/TRAC. It certainly has its place on the pavement, but there are plenty of times where I wish I could shut mine down and really spin some tires...

Photog

Explorer
JAFO said:
....... I have looked at the seat, and I think I can shim the floor mount to tilt the seat say 5 degrees, which should do the trick.

Has anyone tried that before?

I did this in my 1988 4Runner. I got the idea from a tall guy, that needed more seat height, to be comfortable.

You can use some fairly tall spacers, and longer bolts, under the rear seat mounts. It won't change the length of the seat, but it may releaive pressure under the mid-thigh.

I believe the 4Runner seats fit into the Tacomas. You may stop at the dealer, and sit in a few (maybe the Limited), and see if they would feel any better.

And there is always the aftermarket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman