My new Arb fridge doesnt work!!!!!

Ryber

I finally recieved my ARB fridge today... took it home plugged in and it does nothing.. The green light comes on and i can set all the settings but the compressor doesnt kick in and it sits at the same temp
Anyone got any ideas of what it might be???

Ryber

ya i set it to 5 degrees Cel. and its sitting at 18 right now.
Just called ARB there gonna get a tech to call me back.. I'm hoping its not a defective unit as i need it for a trip i got coming up in 3 weeks

Ryber

wow!! thanks for the offer.. however I'm in Canada and heading to Utah..
I've been in Contact with ARB and there recommending just returning it and they'll send out another.. They've been really good about it and said they havent had one dead out of the box like that yet..
I told them I really need it ASAP for this trip and the guy understood and said as soon as they get confermation its on the way back from UPS they will ship the other one..
So I should have it in time

I'm curious on how the duties and taxes will work on this considering its a replacement.. I'm assuming it will slid thru with nothing to owe..But you never know with them

lwg

Are you plugged into 110v or 12v? If 12v make sure the battery protection unit is set to low and see if it turns on. I've ran into this problem before and found that I had the battery protection set a little aggressive.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Are you plugged into 110v or 12v? If 12v make sure the battery protection unit is set to low and see if it turns on. I've ran into this problem before and found that I had the battery protection set a little aggressive.

x2. If this is the case, its not the fridge but the vehicle. I suspect a combination of lower output battery, long runs on the power cables and possible other drains on the same circuit? I had this happen to a local customer using the fridge in a trailer on a generic deep cycle battery. Move the battery protection settings around and it worked without fail.

DrMoab

Explorer
x2. If this is the case, its not the fridge but the vehicle. I suspect a combination of lower output battery, long runs on the power cables and possible other drains on the same circuit? I had this happen to a local customer using the fridge in a trailer on a generic deep cycle battery. Move the battery protection settings around and it worked without fail.

Yup ran into this with my fridge. I didn't have a plug in the back and to try it out I just ran an extension cable from the cig lighter to the rear of my rig. It would only turn on if the Jeep was running. I hard wired a plug in the rear with good heavy wire straight off the battery (fused of course) and it fixed the problem completely. I have ran the fridge for four days set on the medium voltage setting without starting the Jeep and it fired right up.

Ryber

I've tried both 120 and 12v with the same result .. The compressor runs but the fridge wont cool down
ARB thinks the freon has leaked out.
They are going to be sending me another fridge free of charge. They are also going to let me keep the old one as well. Said it wasn't worth the shipping cost to have it sent back from the eastern coast of Canada
So in the end it will all work out, I should get my fridge for my trip and have a spare for parts in the future if need be..
I am impressed with there customer service, they jumped on it right away and were willing to do what it takes to make another customer happy.

Thanks for all the reply's

gwittman

Adventurer
That's interesting. Many years ago when I bought my ARB refrigerator/freezer, it arrived with a dent in it. They sent out another one right away and said UPS would deal with the dented on. UPS never did contact me about it and I ended up with two of them. The dented one still works as good as new even after around 20 years.

DrMoab

Explorer
The last two posts are the reason I'm willing to spend an extra couple hundred bucks on a product from a company like ARB. Sure they have a few issues that pop up now and then but you know they will stand behind their product and fix it.

strap22

Observer
The last two posts are the reason I'm willing to spend an extra couple hundred bucks on a product from a company like ARB. Sure they have a few issues that pop up now and then but you know they will stand behind their product and fix it.

I absolutely agree that ARB has the best customer service and offers quality products. That is why I was a distributor for the last 7 years. Now that I have moved on from my previous employer, I will certainly want to do business with them in the future. With any luck I will be able to do even more.

Glad to hear they stepped up and did the right thing again. I have had issues come up over the years and they have always taken care of them quickly and made sure my customers were 100 % satisfied with their purchase. ARB is a company you can count on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman