My new Conqueror Base Camp

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
Ah, the benefit of wireless internet . . .

Congrats on the purchase.

My first suggestion would be to do a search on the Expo site under "Conqueror." [Hilldweller] has posted quite a lot concerning bearings (his had a lack of new grease if I recall), other members have noted bolts (the hitch assembly has only Grade 4, not Grade 8 and some felt this was under ratedfor the service), tires (check for dry rot, proper inflation - don't forget the spare), the power strip in the box (it's wired for South African 110v 3-prong plugs), a check of the water fill down-tubes (some folks found them to be blocked with the caulking used to seal the bottom joint), any additions you make to 12V lights need to have the domestic plug changed to match the Conqueror's (lots of posts as to where to get the best pricing are mentioned), and other numerous mods or what I refer to as personalization of your new toy. I.e, can't recvall who but someone secured some commercial bus cargo lining and installed it through-out the interior. My best suggestion is to pop open a cold one, find a comfy chair and let your imagination go to work on what you think you will need to be comfortable, to be dependable, and most importantly, to be having fun.

I gotta get back to driving and will likely not be on-line till mid-week some time. Will post pix ASAP.

Gary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior