My New Conqueror Conquest

WMac

Adventurer
Well, were back from our trip. And it couldn’t of been any better.

We brought along our four year old Grandson, Logan. Who insisted that he was going to wear my hat the entire time.

I had taken him Trout fishing on Tuesday (Logan-4, Papa–0) of course he proceeded to tell everyone that we came in contact with, that Papa caught 0.
That evening he discovered we were leaving in a couple of days, and decided he wanted to hang around.
6.jpg

The weather was in the high 70’s to mid 80’s nights were in the low 40’s and gave the tent heater a run for the money.

We arrived on Thursday, and were surprised to find that all the main roads had been completely re-done.
fb5ea88e.jpg

It was nice to finally see our monies we spend on OHV tags at work.
We missed out on Lyda Camp. It seems a rather LARGE Group from Idaho had made the trip on Wednesday. As it turned out, We got the better of the deal. We pushed on, and up towards Can Opener. A Rock Crawl Trail, Aptly named for what it will do to your door if you miss the proper line. As we rounded the corner we discovered that there was a nice area just off the road for to set camp with 18 Rigs and the Family’s that accompanied them.

1.jpg

Logan, and a few of his new buddies.
3.jpg

And the Gang in Logan’s new Rubicon we brought along with.
4.jpg

Day 2, and we got the Carnage out of the way.
2.jpg

Then onto the trail for a day of rock Crawling.
100_3934.jpg

Over all we had a Great time, discovered some new areas to explore.
100_3944.jpg

And Logan discovered that with the nicest tent trailer in Camp, and a New Rubicon………….
Wait for it…………………………………………………. That’s Right,.................

The Chicks just Dig ya.
5.jpg

Last edited:

Outback

Explorer
Your grandson will remember this trip for the rest of his life! What a cool grandpa! Love that trailer.

Honu

lost on the mainland
looks like a fun trip :)

I like that area of the coast but have not done any trails up that way

WMac

Adventurer
Your grandson will remember this trip for the rest of his life! What a cool grandpa! Love that trailer.

Thanks, Its kind of engrained in me.

You see the Funny,“Truthful”, and truly endearing part of my childhood, (and not that im a mussy kina guy) Is I Flunked out of second Grade.
I know… How do you flunk 2nd Grade ?

Well it all starts with a man, who was born in La Grande Oregon, the 5th of 7 children. And the Only Boy.

He married and had 6 children………..ALL GIRLS, One of which is My Mother.
I was born the youngest, into a house of three other children…..You guessed it…….GIRLS.

And if that isn’t enough already………I was the youngest of 13 grandkids on My Mother’s side, and believe it or not…….The ONLY BOY.

My "Papa" was a longshoreman, and He and Grandma lived only a ½ mile away and two blocks from my grade school.
By the second grade, I had become his side kick. He would take me to the ship yards to get his paycheck, See and walk around the ships. Fish, Hunt, Hike. And just spend a lot of time together.

I’m not sure what time of year it was when it happened, But I can still hear the brief conversation that occurred at my grandparents home one day…

“Daddy, You can’t keep taking him out of school….”

“Young lady DON’T YOU TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CANT DO With my only Grandson………..” “ He is going to have to repeat 2nd grade if you keep this up”.
Then so be it, Second grade will still be there…… He has only one Grandfather, and One childhood. And I intend to see to it that we enjoy it together.

So to Logan, I simply try to give back what My Papa gave to me. Something there simply are no words for.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12