My slooow Tacoma build.

Winky

Adventurer
Early this year I bought an '02 DC TRD 4WD Tacoma. I sold my well built Rubicon to buy this truck. It is much more practical for someone with my 'ailments' and the wheeling I like to do. The truck will remain my daily driver for a long time so I am keeping absolute streetability in mind. The cool thing is my job requires me to engage 4WD from time to time so I can justify some of these mods.

I am setting up this thread map out my build as well as ask you all advice.

Right now the concrete plans are:
Cooper S/T in yet to be deteremined size (stock or one size up)
Demello sliders
ARB front locker w/ upgraded capacity pump

Some things I am looking at and questioning are a rear seat replacement with a some sort of rack system. I never use the rear seats. What are the better choice for under armour and skid plates?

Also I do have to carry tools and am looking at tool boxes.. does anyone have any expierence with this one.... http://www.ironmansuspension.com/accessoriesutebox.html

I want something that is fairly easy to remove but cannot even tell if this would work with the Tacoma application. Besides work I use the truck to get to remote camping and fishing destinations in southern Illinois Wisconsin and the YUPPER. We tend to camp in a tent on the ground so I am not looking at rooftop units.
Since I have to drive to get ANYWHERE I want to keep weight down to help with gas mileage. I am thinking eventually I'll go with a tire/jerry can carrier but don't think I have found a front bumper that really appeals to me. Any suggestions? Any advice?

cheers,
josh

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Use yotatech to search for some great info.
Budbuilts are some seriously heavy duty skid plates.

look forward tot he build

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears