Name/Label for truck TOPPER vs Slide-in

Dave in AZ

I wish there was a simple name for "pickup truck popup camper that is a bed topper, not a slide-in, like GoFastCamper".

Everytime I want to write a thread, I have to call it a "popup camper for pickup that sits on bedrails " or such.

If I just call it a truck topper, to avoid slide ins, it gets confused with fiberglass LEER or ARE campershells, not even remotely the same.

These unfortunately end up getting confused here and elsewhere with SLIDE IN popup campers, which are really a completely different beast of a heavier class, with different power and design and usually usage.

Half the threads I get notified of end up being stuff 2x the payload of my truck that I'm not interested in, Scouts and Alaskas etc.

What name or nomenclature do Folks here use to specify a thing like a GFC, Topo Topper, AT Overland, Tune M1, LonePeak, Hiatus, ORU designs, etc.?

simple

Adventurer
And a separate forum too!
Are you saying it shouldn't be under the main topic of expedition campers? Seems like it diverges from roof top tent and fits into the category of camper when people discuss building out the area in the truck bed.

dstefan

Are you saying it shouldn't be under the main topic of expedition campers? Seems like it diverges from roof top tent and fits into the category of camper when people discuss building out the area in the truck bed.
No, I said that wrong. Should have said sub-forum, meaning under Exp Campers but split the Pop-up sub-forum into Slide-in and Flat Bed Pop-ups and a separate Truck Bed Topper Pop-Up campers or whatever the brain trust comes up with as the right term. Otherwise we get the Ovrlnd Owners Only Thread, the Project M Thread, the Tune thread, etc. when in reality they all share a lot of common issues and approaches. No problem with the more focused threads also for me within a Topper Pop-up sub-forum. Just seems like the growth is in the Topper Pop-up products with a lot of different issues. Having the common issues more hidden in the specialized threads makes em hard to see/find.

What do others think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior