National Luna Legacy Fridge smell

mav204

Observer
IMG_1039.jpeg
How is the best way to kill smells in a fridge? I was told that these tend to smell with not running. so Ive been running it non stop and still has a smell to it. I used "409" top clean it and smell still there. Baking Soda? Anything else. Thanks,

86scotty

Cynic
Best way IMO is to air it out. I run my fridges about half the time and the other half of the time I clean them out and fold up a small towel and wedge it under the lid creating an inch or two of breathing room. If your fridge has a light on you may have to unplug it, the fridge I mean.

On top of that I leave some windows open in my rigs with fridges if I'm airing out the fridge when they are parked indoors.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Yep, all of the above. I also wipe mine out with a bleach based cleaner before and after I shut it off for long periods of time, that is pretty rare, and usually only if I’m going to park at the airport for more than a weekend.

HWY395ghost

All the above plus let it sit outside with lid wide open and let the sunshine in. UV works wonders on a lot of odor creating microbes.
Let it thoroughly dry before propping the lid slightly open for storage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior