Neat Comanche Camper

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
So a I bought an MJ on the weekend and have been obsessing over them ever since. It is still all Mario's fault. LOL

Stumbled across this and thought it was neat and as equally ridiculous as the Toyota campers of the same vintage/style. I don't have any info on backstory, just links to the images.

367254739.jpg

367254734.jpg

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
So a I bought an MJ on the weekend and have been obsessing over them ever since. It is still all Mario's fault. LOL

Hey...I understand that there may be a treatment program...however...I keep falling off the wagon

XXXpedition

Explorer
those are truck wheels, so i'd guess it might have different axles...
2x4 or 4x4, that's the question.
but a bit wide for the trail anyhow :)))

gprsdlyt

Adventurer
ive seen prob 3 or 4 in the metro dc area over the past few years.
would love just to make an offer to someone but never have the dough at the time.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Pull up a pic of one of the Toyota based campers and those wheels will look familiar. There is an adapter bolted to the front wheel hub to allow the use of the dually type wheel on the front. No idea what they do with the rear axle, but odds are good that it isn't a stock part.

1leg

Explorer
A buddy had the Toyota dually, They just use wheel adaptors(not full floating). HE had to replace his rear axle bearings about ever 2 years. but he put a lot of miles on his truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78