Need advice: emergency chains/gear for snow/ice?

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Also keep your speed down.

Yes, this x 1000. Slow the hell down. Most of the accidents I see are from people driving too fast, then when they get into trouble they slam on the brakes which, surprisingly, is not all that effective when you're on ice or packed snow. :rolleyes:

On top of that, get you a bag of cat litter. You can throw that under the tires to give you traction (or so says the TV commercial). Best part about that is that whatever you don't use, give the rest of the bag to your local cat owner, so it isn't taking up space in your garage.

No, keep the cat litter in your garage to soak up oil and other liquid spills. Then after it's semi-dry you can sweep it into a dustpan and throw it away. ;)

LR Max

Local Oaf
No, keep the cat litter in your garage to soak up oil and other liquid spills. Then after it's semi-dry you can sweep it into a dustpan and throw it away. ;)

I prefer the special stuff that you buy at the auto parts store. Also learned that you can get a block of wood and "work" it into the concrete to help remove stains. Also I've heard you can just leave it down there for a long time and it'll eventually soak it all up.

But that is all moot since I painted my floor.

However, I digress...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998