Need your Opinion

I am in the market for a new to me vehicle. I have it narrowed down to a 2002 Dodge single cab 4x4 4.7l auto with 95k on the clock , the other is a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 with the 4.7l and 125k n the clock . It's just me and the dog so space isn't a big issue . I am in the prosses od building a cargo conversion trailer but think both would pull it both as it's only a 10'. This will be my DD as well as my weekend camping and kayak hauler . Thanks in Advance

OR2BAJA

Observer
I would go with the Grand Cherokee. More covered space. Great wheel base for an multitude of things. The Dodge is going to tow better because of the longer wheel base.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Single cab 4x4 wins in my book. Easier to sell a pick up if you ever need to, and far more versatile. Cap? Sure. Pop-up camper? Why not? Dirt bikes? Yup! Plus a regular cab truck just looks great!

TripLeader

Explorer
I know you said it's just you and the dog, but I would lean toward the Grand Cherokee vs. a single cab. If it was an extended cab or quad cab, then I would say the Dodge.

Are they both listed for the same price?

Bojak

Adventurer
I am a truck guy. Owned several suv until I bought my first truck and have only bought trucks ever since. I couldn't imagine not driving a truck at this point. I like to have an suv for the wife but riding in cars actually seems weird, because I do it so little.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12