NEMO Cosmo Insulated 50L

T.Wagner

Hi All,

I am looking to get into tent camping and exploring a bit in my Jeep TJ. For the most part the trips will be weekends around the Southern California area and if we really enjoy it maybe some extended trips to Utah, Arizona, or Northern California. Primarily these trips will be my fiance and I so I am looking to get an airbed for two. I want to have something comfortable and durable and through my research it seems the Cosmo 50L by NEMO is one of the best options. It is rated down to ~20F since it is insulated which should be plenty for our use. At $220 it is a little pricey so I wanted to check here and see if there are better options or if this is the best one out there for two. Also, since I drive a Jeep interior real estate is a premium. I do have a roof rack but I do not want to stuff everything up top and really change the handling.

Thank you!
Tyler

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Hey Tyler,

I am the author of that pad review linked above and after many years of testing pads for three different huge reviews, I know my way around that segment. There are plenty of two person pads on the market and many of them are quite nice. That said, the Nemo is the one I would buy again and again. For your purposes, it's the best bet because as you said, it packs small. I also really love the foot pump and the overall sleep quality is excellent. My wife is my chief tester and over the course of the last 5 years, I bet we've slept on 30 different pads. She and I both agree the Nemo Cosmo 50 Insulated is the best two person pad out there.

Feel free to message me with any other gear questions you might have. I'm our in-house gear geek and work very closely within the outdoor industry.

T.Wagner

Thanks Christophe! It definitey looks like a great pad and I honestly have not seen a bad review of it.

Do you have any recommendations on double sized sleeping bags?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12