new 416's?

Boost Creep

Adventurer
does anyone produce new 416 style tubs made of steel? i've been thinking it would be fun to build a trailer but i don't want to mess with an old rusty beat up tub. i've seen a couple fiberglass options but thats not the route i want to go with.

WyoOtto

You might give Ruger Trailers in Denver a call. I saw that they had some tubs for sale this winter. Don't know if that is still the case and I think their dimensions might be a little different. Worth checking though...

DonBeasley

Adventurer
There is a guy up in Canada that is making tub and lid out of aluminum. If interested I will try and track down his name and number.

Septu

Explorer
You might give Ruger Trailers in Denver a call. I saw that they had some tubs for sale this winter. Don't know if that is still the case and I think their dimensions might be a little different. Worth checking though...

what would be the differences between the two? they look pretty similar. all i need is a tub. i'll be making my own frame and everything else

I don't think there's any difference between the MB kit and the 416. It's a 4x6 bed. The Ruger trailer bed is smaller. It's not as deep and it's 4x5 instead of 4x6.

E Dr. P

Observer
Military MB-T trailers as well as the similar m100 trailers are a few inches narrower than m416s; they are all the same length though.

Trailerguy

Ruger has a 6ft long cargo bed as well as a 5ft. Actually its 44" at the bottom, 54" at the top and 72" long and 24" deep.

Greg_Volkman

Observer
you can still find some great ones out there, with patience and good searching. Mine had hardly any rust, and what there was, was surface rust (pretty good for 51 years old!). Plus, i snagged it for $900!

1.jpg

11.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman