New ARB Fridge (many pics)

Rev

Adventurer
I don't know if a load of pics have been posted of the new ARB fridge, but I've been asked for pics so here we go.

So after some trial and tribulation my new 2009 ARB fridge has arrived in Canada! Man, I can`t wait to use this thing. It is aesthetically attractive and solid feeling, despite the plastic. I actually like the plastic. It looks like it could take some punishment – not that mine will ever see any.

I plugged it in (you have to hold the power button down for a couple seconds), and set the temp. After driving 45 minutes it was already at 5 degrees. I let it sit for a couple hours and the truck started right up (single stock battery) as if it didn`t notice it was there. I`m leaving it running tonight to see how the truck starts in the morning.

I hope you like pics because I have a few. :)

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

There is a slight discolouration on a little bit of the blue plastic on one spot, but it is hardly noticeable.

IMG_1515.jpg

The display is very user friendly.

IMG_1517.jpg

The new latch system is extremely secure.

IMG_1518.jpg

Last edited:

Rev

Adventurer
Here you can see the pretty decent interior light.

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

The interior is generous.

IMG_1526.jpg

The lid opens wide in my Xterra.

IMG_1520.jpg

Without the flash you can see the glow of the interior light. Should work well for nigh time trips to the fridge to grab a few `pops` for the campfire.

IMG_1523.jpg

The handles are secure. Two straps and it didn`t move after 2 hours of driving. I would want a better way of securing it for camping, but with the trunk empty this will do in a pinch and installs in 2 minutes in the Xterra.

IMG_1533.jpg

It sits flush with the top of the back seats and perfectly between the seats and the hatch with a few inches to spare.

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

The fridge was purchased through Wil at Sierra Expeditions. He was great to work with and did all he could to get me the fridge quickly. We tried to get it to Toronto before a week long camping trip two weeks ago, but that couldn`t happen for reasons beyond Wil`s control. Nevertheless, I`m glad I held out for this item. It was a pretty penny, and the GST and duty hurt a lot, but I`m sure it will be with me a long time and I am so happy to never have soggy food ever again. :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan