New bike guy to the ExPo: Twenty_Niner

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
He won't like this but.....too bad. :)

Everyone...meet Twenty_Niner. He's new to the forum, but no stranger to the bike world. You won't find many guys with more passion for mountain bikes or more time in the biz. You can find him slicing through the Prescott singletrack on his full rigid SS Spot.

Try to keep up with him on the downhills. Double dare.

Welcome to ExPo, Twenty_Niner.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Flounder,
Are you making people up again?!
Just kidding.
Welcome to the portal wherever you are!!!!
I'm an avid mountain biker of the sllloooooowwww technique. It takes a lot of work, but I'm mastering it.:friday:

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
RHINO said:
sweet dude, you finally brought your invisible friend to the forum.:victory:
He's not imaginary. He's around here somewhere. I'll let you borrow my magic glasses so you can see him. :D

And Tim....you're plenty quick on the downside. You pulled away from me on the downhills pretty easily.

Anyway, if you see my imaginary friend around these parts, just know he's a good feller.

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
:wavey: Welcome!

Flounder said:
He won't like this but.....too bad. :)

Try to keep up with him on the downhills. Double dare.

Um, ok. I go about the same speed all the time -- walking speed -- but I'll try if he'll wait at the bottom. Though I am feeling a lot more comfortable now that I have finally ditched the carbon Trek in favor of my old titanium friend ('93 DBR Axis TT).

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
bigreen505 said:
:wavey: Welcome!
Though I am feeling a lot more comfortable now that I have finally ditched the carbon Trek in favor of my old titanium friend ('93 DBR Axis TT).
Oooo...I had one of those DBR frames. Sandvick made pretty nice Ti frames back then. Those frames are pretty popular still.

Twenty-niner

Hey folks! Thanks for the welcome.

Christophe is being too kind... my downhill technique consists of ... let go of brake levers ... close eyes ... hold on really tightly.

This joint is a jackpot of good info! :chowtime:

Greg

Twenty-niner

dieselcruiserhead said:
Flounder & Twenty Niner = same person...

(Just kidding, welcome 29er :) )

:beer:

That's actually not too far from the truth, dch.

We met in Alaska in 2002 and immediately hit it off like long lost brothers, primarily due to the fact that we share a sense of humor normally found in 14-year old boys.

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
Flounder said:
Oooo...I had one of those DBR frames. Sandvick made pretty nice Ti frames back then. Those frames are pretty popular still.

For better or worse, they really are not worth much, so I never sold it. It doesn't have the raw power of the Trek, but I am much happier on it. The guys at Dean were looking at it and basically said not much has changed. Newer frames are a little stiffer, but not much.

Cackalak Han

Explorer
bigreen505 said:
For better or worse, they really are not worth much, so I never sold it. It doesn't have the raw power of the Trek, but I am much happier on it. The guys at Dean were looking at it and basically said not much has changed. Newer frames are a little stiffer, but not much.

What do you think they're worth? Funny I read this right after looking at the ad in my local classifieds. Here is the ad LINK SRAM X9/XT components. Fork looks like it's the original, which means need to swap out. Price seems still a bit steep, but I'm sure Ti holds its value better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior