New Build Help Needed - Sketchup, Materials, Appliances, Construction, Etc.

wildbrookies

Hi EP Forum Members,

I have a concept for a new off road expedition trailer that I'd like to build and I'm ready to begin the design phase. With that in mind, I have some considerations to begin incorporating... I am asking for your recommendations here.

Are there any recommendation for appliances that I should be using (AC, Heater, Instant Hot) I want top of the line that can handle a little vibration and bumps. I do use Google Sketchup and will be using it to design this trailer. Are there any resources for 3D models of said appliances that I can use in my build?

What about doors and windows? What's the best quality and are there Sketchup 3D models available?

Hardware and lighting is another consideration. Thoughts here?

For general construction materials, what would be best for the shell? I'm thinking diamond plate because I drive through lots of trees and brush.

What about interior? What is the best composite material available today? I'm incorporating a small mud/drying room that will incorporate a drain for snow melt. Should I use fiberglass sheeting here? Or have this part manufactured almost like a bathtub liner that would fit in?

Thanks very very much in advance. This forum has always been a great source of inspiration.

Retired Tanker

Explorer
I use Sketchup extensively for a large number of projects, from event planning to house renovation. I've been using the various versions since 2009.

If you can't find it in the 3D Warehouse, then you're likely going to have to make them yourself. Sometimes you can find something close, and with a little work, customize it for you application.

If you need any Sketchup help, let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman