New Guy with a question about a aftermarket hydraulic clutch set up for my Blazer.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
The bodies of the old trucks twisted so bad, you could get it fine tuned in the driveway and take it out wheeling, finding that when the truck is flexed the clutch may not disengage.......at all. That's always been my gripe with a mechanical linkage.

Exactly. Old c-channel frame trucks regardless of the make flex a lot where the mechanical z-bar can get quite balled up to the point it will even break the pivot ball right off the bellhousing. Not sure where highdesertranger gets the idea you can’t feel the clutch with hydraulic. You can sure feel the 12” Centerforce in my K10 and Burb. I wouldn't call the pedal heavy or hard but it doesn't feel like a little Toyota Yaris either. The hydro clutchs that feel a bit odd to me are the OEM GM units with the integrated slave/release bearing like my 2001 Silverado has. That one works more like an on/off switch, which is quite annoying. Even at that, there are many more bennies to a hydro clutch over mechanical. I've never seen anybody remove a hydro unit and install mechanical probably for good reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman