New guy with a spark plug question?

4bus

I have been looking at this site for some time and really enjoy it. I have recently (within the 6 months) gotten my wife away from her 1999.5 pathfinder 4x4. I had to buy her a new Jetta but I really wanted the pathfinder. Anyways, My question is which spark plug is best? I know I need to use the NGK brand but Autozone and Advanced both sell several different ones and they all range in price. Any help would be appreciated.

vengeful

Explorer
You do not need to use NGK spark plugs. It's recommended that you do, because, well, they're the best.

I personally use the Iridium tipped plugs in mine, and they work very well. I know other who use the standard ones and have no problems. Just use whichever spark plugs fit your budget best, and don't forget to change the wires while you're at it.

Oh yeah, #6 is a bear. The first time I changed mine, the 6th spark plug, you know, the one behind the engine, between the firewall and the intake manifold, took me as long as the other 5 combined. If your truck has the original tool kit, mounted under the rear seat, there's a tool that Nissan designed to aid in changing that plug...use it.

preacherman

Explorer
If you cannot find your tool mentioned above, get one before you change it. That last spark plug is a beast!!!! BUt the tool helps out alot.

4bus

Thanks for the help guys. I went with the double platinum, and Iam really happy with the outcome. The #6 was difficult but with the tool from nissan I was able to finish the job in about 45 minutes.

07OffRoadXterra

vengeful said:
If your truck has the original tool kit, mounted under the rear seat, there's a tool that Nissan designed to aid in changing that plug...use it.

wow does my truck have something under the rear seat??? i never knew that...

4bus

Yes there is a spark plug tool under the carpet under the rear seat. I didnt know it was there either until reading around on this site.Not sure about the X sorry??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78