New Information from an Old (really old) Member

flywgn

Explorer
Hello everyone. It's been a long, long time since I visited this site. Lots of miles have passed under my "wheels"...and under those of my truck. Diana and I have now reached our mid-eighties and we no longer take those wonderful overland trips. I would find it difficult, if not impossible, to even change a tire these days. In any case, I had the "bug" a few days ago and investigated a Land Rover (Spanish version) down in Albuquerque last week. We have moved back to Santa Fe. During the ensuing few days a couple of items popped up (that happens a lot when you reach eighty) that prevent me from pursuing the purchase of this vehicle. In the meantime, took the liberty of introducing the seller to this site. I hope that was all right. You may soon see his vehicle in the Classified section.

On another line...wow! This site is certainly different from the 2006 version. I'll have to spend some time looking around. If nothing else it will bring up some grand memories.

Ciao!
Allen Russell

flywgn

Explorer
Wow, congratulations on making it this long. I bet you have some amazing adventures you could share. Good luck with your health.
Thank you for the good wishes. Diana and I still live overland trips but vicariously. At dinner on the evening that we said goodbye to our trailer we saluted ourselves for the myriad trips we had taken. Among them the Owyhees in SW Idaho 2006_0929Owyhees-9-060030 (Small).JPG to Namibia DSCF0585 (Small).JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman