New Montero Sport Owner with a Hum

cnskate

Adventurer
Hi,

montero.jpgNew Montero Sport owner here. Really impressed with this truck so far, even after replacing the valve gasket and anticipating replacing a leaky cam seal:) It's a sweet ride with OME medium springs and Tokico shocks, and 19 mpg with roof tent.
Have a hum or vibration noise coming from the left front that is really noticeable at 50-60mph, mainly when my foot is on the gas. Replaced wheel bearing, it's been aligned, new tires, tried rotating tires, greased u-joints, replaced fluids in diffs and transfer case, supposedly all of the suspension parts are tight. Any ideas? Front axle shaft freeplay adjustment? Help!

cnskate

Adventurer
Why no, they didn't . I used a small town tire and alignment shop for this, and they are not used troubleshooting obscure foreign vehicles, bless them. I'll give that a try, thanks so much!

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Domestic 4wd vehicles have them too but they are often overlooked, it may not even be your problem. Just something to think look at.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
You could try IR diagnosis or maybe pull the drive flange off and rotate the CV with the tire on the ground and listen/feel for bearing crappiness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior