New Ranger/Bronco SFA rumor

Clutch

<---Pass
My dad had a 84-85??? Bronco...dunno, that thing felt like navigating a cork on rough seas compared to the lighter nimbler '85 4Runner I had at the same time.

Only surviving picture I have it.

58389_435187544629_5709473_n.jpg

Guy at my old job had 78-79...that thing felt ungainly too.

Last edited:

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
Why can't Ford design a bronco based on super-duty series? F250?
What you think guys?

Solid axles, big V8, fully boxed massive frame etc.
Only thing they would have to do is to trim the F 250 series and make it 2.5 feet shorter.

That would be a beast!

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
What you think guys?

Only thing they would have to do is to trim the F 250 series and make it 2.5 feet shorter.

That would be a beast!

They can but they won't. Besides, it'd be pretty easy to make your own. As you said, "trim (an) F250 and make it 2.5 feet shorter."

Ford's Ranger and Bronco won't be full-sized trucks.

Clutch

<---Pass
What you think guys?

That would be a beast!

They can but they won't. Besides, it'd be pretty easy to make your own. As you said, "trim (an) F250 and make it 2.5 feet shorter."

Ford's Ranger and Bronco won't be full-sized trucks.

Would prefer if it was a smaller version like the pre-78's. Never did like the fullsize Broncos. Like everything else...seems like people a divided over what it should be.

Think it should be directly aimed at the JKU crowd. These are a little too Brodozer for my taste, but you get the idea...a 4 door retro version could be done.

Early-Bronco-by-Krawlers-Edge-4-Door.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
Well, if you take a just a cabin of an F-250 it's actually not that big.

Imagine something like this :D

2017-Ford-F-250-Super-Duty-Price.jpg

They have to trim it at the blue line and move the tire forward and that is it!

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
My dad had a 84-85??? Bronco...dunno, that thing felt like navigating a cork on rough seas compared to the lighter nimbler '85 4Runner I had at the same time.

Only surviving picture I have it.

View attachment 384441

Guy at my old job had 78-79...that thing felt ungainly too.

My BIL had one. I always thought it handled like a CJ-7 on the highway, and that's not a compliment if you've ever been in one. I do like old Broncos though.

Clutch

<---Pass
My BIL had one. I always thought it handled like a CJ-7 on the highway, and that's not a compliment if you've ever been in one. I do like old Broncos though.

Never cared for the fullsize Broncos....have a couple buddies with the pre-78's...now those are cool. Buddy's dad has one setup for desert, kinda soft suspension...super fun.

Still pretty wide though. Those Super Duties are massive. If they do that...it is just another Excursion.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Still pretty wide though. Those Super Duties are massive. If they do that...it is just another Excursion.
Google "2 door Excursion." Actually there are a lot of them out there. IMO they're ugly as hell but I guess some people like them....
I somehow don't think that something like this would really 'scratch that itch' for those who want a classic Bronco, though it would have the SFA:
attachment.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12