new (to me) truck.. 2003 F250 diesel.

lllateralus

Observer
Just picked up this 2003 F250 XLT crew cab, short bed, 7.3 diesel, 107K miles, dana 60 front axle, manual transfer case.

Truck has 4" turbo back exhaust, tripple gauge pod, (trans temp, boost, exhaust temp), cold air intake, and a 30 gallon drop feed tank/tool box in the bed.

I plan on exploring the back country of AZ with my kids with this truck.
It does have a 1" block stacked on top of a 2 or 3 inch block out back, so I do plan on removing that.

More pics to come...

Untitled-1.jpg

IMG013.jpg

IMG012.jpg

That's a beauty kinda makes me miss mine. If your going to be taking out the block go with actual lift springs, it'll ride alot better.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I agree with Hillbilly, you should get new springs with a big arch in them so that you can remove all the blocks under your suspension. Axel wrap is a problem that vehicles with blocks are prone to. You could also look into getting a shackle flip kit if you need even more lift and articulation....:ylsmoke:

BurbanAZ

Explorer
id love to get a truck like that, good looking truck. There is a ton of good land to explore in southern AZ

lllateralus

Observer
Thanks for the replies.. I have had the truck a week now, and it sure runs great. Fires up cold RIGHT away. Sure seems healthy.
I purchased 4 gallons of Rotella, and a new filter the other night. Plan on changing the oil and flushing the high pressure oil pump to keep the injectors healthy. (as I did often with my previous 2001 F350 7.3 with great success)
I put the truck on a rack and checked the front end and removed all 4 center caps. The front end is tight as a drum.

IMG062.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior