New town, new truck

AZ '83 fj-40

Observer
Hey everybody,

Got to school up in Boulder, (CO) looking for so places to take the 4 runner, so if anyone knows of a place that wouldn't be too far that would be great. Took a look around Nederlands the other day and that was pretty cool.

I was wondering about a place to have a lift installed, not really much i can do on my own while living in the dorms, decided to go with OME. Also if it would i be able to install a hitch set up if it didn't come with the runner and get a set up like tiregate or something similar?

thanks

Brendan

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
For trail info and meeting other people for trips go to:

http://www.colorado4x4.org

I post there under the name "Zapp Branigan." Quite a few other Toyota owners, although it's still predominately a Jeep board.

Unfortunately the good trails up high are starting to close for the season so I'd go onto the "staging area" sub-board if you want to tag along on any other 'wheeling trips.

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
Hey, I'm new to the area as well! I'm livin down in Denver but I'm up in Boulder often. If you wanna go wheelin, let me know. Also, I'd be happy to help you with any installs. I've got a few decent places to work around here and all my tools.

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
rambrush said:
if Devin does not post up I would suggest sending him a pm as he is in the area.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/member.php?u=685

x2

Shoot a PM to devinsixtyseven or cinemakatie. Katie works at CU and Sean is on the east end of Boulder. They are great people and Sean knows all the trails in the area. I just follow him. They have an amazing ... um ... well it used to be a Tundra, but I think all that is left of the Toyota are the engine, frame, roof, doors, transmission and dash.

FWIW I work down the hill at 9th and Arapahoe.

jnelson4x4taco

Adventurer
Welcome, I have spent some time up in Boulder and can recommend a few decent places. Unfortunately they just shut down Carnage canyon which was a pretty popular place but got trashed and closed. There is still a nice network of trails up there near the Left Hand canyon/ Carnage canyon area. I also really like Sugarloaf mountain, switzerland trail, pennsylvania gulch for fun easy trails with nice camping. I was actually just up at sugarloaf this past weekend and it was great, nice weather, fun trails, cant go wrong. Check out www.traildamage.com for trail maps and directions, its a good site. Have fun, Boulder is a gorgeous place, my girlfriend is finishing up her last year there and ive spent plenty of time there myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan