New Tundra - First Post

C.I.TR3

Well, after lots of searching and extensive reading I have finally purchased a truck. Although you didn't know it, this site has been a great source of information that really helped my decision making. I ended up with a 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab. It just ended up being the right size vehicle for me and my family. I was fortunate to find a great one owner truck, immaculately clean, with complete service records and only 46,000 miles on it. Just getting to know it right now but already thinking about some of the things I want to do to it. We do not do any hardcore wheeling but are planning a winter trip to Montana this year and a trip to Northern BC next summer. Lots of reading and planning to do.

Immediate plans are pretty mundane and include floor mats, seat covers, sell the tonneau cover and get a cap, scangauge, and maybe ditch the steps for something else. After that I will dive into suspension and tires.

Thanks for all the help so far!

Photo Sep 25, 1 54 21 PM.jpg

C.I.TR3

Thanks all. I drove a 1982 Toyota for many many years before moving to a Dodge because we started hauling horses. With the horses gone it is nice to get back to a small truck and of course the Toyota was my first choice. The only choice was a 1st or 2nd gen Tacoma versus a 1st gen Tundra. The 2nd gen Tundra was too big. I am very happy with our decision and looking forward to learning more about the truck as I work on it and upgrade it.

character zero

dangerfoot
Very nice! I've got an 05 that I picked up almost 2 years back with 38k on it, 60k today and I still love it. So simple, with just the right size:torque ratio. Check out tundrasolutions too, lots of good info over there!
I'd like to upgrade steps to real sliders, but haven't been offroading too much lately and need to have something on there with the lift and my busted ACL...plus the kids need it.
I'd suggest searchtempest.com to search your area for the shell if not buying new, search multiple times with combinations of toyota, shell, camper, topper, fiberglass, tundra etc. I found mine just listed as a toyota camper. Should run you $700 or less if you get a smoking deal, but mountain/northern states have higher demand than TX.
Tundra Shoes (1 of 1)-12.jpg

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman