Nissan Bushmaster spotted

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Morpha - I will take a pic of that ring for you - I bet you could fab one yourself for pretty cheap.

Regarding the hydraulic lifts, I can promise you they are a standard size part. You just need to measure the closed and extended lengths and then match the connectors. Anyplace that sells camper shells and RV parts can usually get them for you - don't pay more than about $20/ea.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
When I was stationed at Ft. Lewis one of the guys in my company had one of these. His name was (no kidding), Staff Sergeant Michael Jackson.

Oh, and his detachment commander was 1LT Bobby Brown. ;)

This was in 3/1st SFG, 1990 - 91. They were in the signal detachment of the Battalion HQs.

Incidentally, before Toyota came out with the 4runner there was a similar type of vehicle based on the 80-83 Toyota Pickup. They did the same basic thing, put a fiberglass shell on, then cut the panel behind the cab and put in a back seat. Can't remember what it was called but I saw a few of them in Colorado in the early 80's.

morpha

Nissan Bushmaster

Thanks to all for the info on parts, websites, etc!
BKCowGod, I doubt I will be able to fabricate the ring myself as I don't have access to a shop and am mechanically declined. About all I'm good for is changing oil, fuses, & spark plugs. It does seem silly to have 8 plugs for a 4-cylinder engine.
As for the hydraulic lifts, they are missing completely, so the measurement when open will be a guesstimate. We do have a small RV & marine store, so I will inquire about the lifts there.
I certainly haven't caught up with the repair curve on this vehicle. Tonight, the headlights quit working suddenly. The only thing I know is that it isn't a bad fuse. Until I can afford to get it fixed, I'm going to feel like Cinderella, racing to get home by dark. Or I will have to borrow my Boss' far inferior Ford Ranger, also an '85.

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Morpha - spray some contact cleaner into the area around your turn signal stalk in the steering column - all of the amperage is going through there and after a long time you are gonna gunk up and wear out the contacts.

Thanks to all for the info on parts, websites, etc!
BKCowGod, I doubt I will be able to fabricate the ring myself as I don't have access to a shop and am mechanically declined. About all I'm good for is changing oil, fuses, & spark plugs. It does seem silly to have 8 plugs for a 4-cylinder engine.
As for the hydraulic lifts, they are missing completely, so the measurement when open will be a guesstimate. We do have a small RV & marine store, so I will inquire about the lifts there.
I certainly haven't caught up with the repair curve on this vehicle. Tonight, the headlights quit working suddenly. The only thing I know is that it isn't a bad fuse. Until I can afford to get it fixed, I'm going to feel like Cinderella, racing to get home by dark. Or I will have to borrow my Boss' far inferior Ford Ranger, also an '85.

morpha

Nissan Bushmaster

BKCowGod. I tried the contact cleaner as you suggested. Alas, it didn't work. The Bushmaster will go to the shop next week. Thanks for the suggestion, though! Much appreciated!

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
BKCowGod. I tried the contact cleaner as you suggested. Alas, it didn't work. The Bushmaster will go to the shop next week. Thanks for the suggestion, though! Much appreciated!

Darn - oh well, keep us posted on the fix!

slimwhitman

morpha, If you post a few photos of your Bushmaster (including the Matrix3 label in the door jamb, I will post a scan of the Bushmaster brochure. We have a deal?

720World

I'd be interested in seeing both! What did you learn in school today???

Shaaaaring lol...

Ok, only old schoolers will get that.

:victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12