Nitto Ridge Grappler vs Toyo RT Trail

shrineboy

I don't know anything about the toyos but I have been running ridge grapplers for a few years and I like them alot. Good traction off road good manners on road. The only thing that I can think of that might be a negative is that they carry mud for a long ways. When I have to replace them I will get them again.

caryt

Both will wear faster than others plus like many tires weak sidewalls so if you are on trails with sharp rocks or other items ...

gnel

Both will wear faster than others plus like many tires weak sidewalls so if you are on trails with sharp rocks or other items ...
Funny I have'nt read anything about weak sidewalls except in the 2 ply sidewall. The lt tires are 3ply. Fast wearing doesn´t concern me much because I'll be replacing them due to age before getting close to 45,000 miles.

Hegear

I’ve ran 5 sets of ridge grapplers. Great tire other than lifespan. Last set was on my sons 1500 ram 22k before needing replacement. Truck rarely saw off-road use. I currently have another set of f rated on a 2500, currently at 23k thinking I’ll get to 26k before replacing.

Good traction all round, very quiet, look great.

shrineboy

Funny I have'nt read anything about weak sidewalls except in the 2 ply sidewall. The lt tires are 3ply. Fast wearing doesn´t concern me much because I'll be replacing them due to age before getting close to 45,000 miles.
I have hit some rocky trails, like lava, haven't had a single problem.

MontySquareo

Weak sidewalls aren't a problem unless you pick bad lines, or are extreme crawling. For driving on sharp gravel/small rocks and stuff your sidewalls should rarely touch anything.

gnel

I'm leaning towards the Toyos right now due the reviews, weight (255/80r17@52lbs) and being made in the USA.
The Nittos are defintely in the running still and their weight come in at an acceptable 55lbs for the same size +they're a great looking tire!
I guess it will come down to availability when I´m in Texas next month?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior