No activity in the bike section?

Bad Voodoo

Unassuming Superhero
Ok, how about a little Cannondale goodness to warm this section up again...

After upgrading my '03 Cannondale Jekyll with an X.9 drivetrain and a 'Pushed' Fox Float RL, making it, in my opinion, one of the better all-purpose MTBs I could imagine strapping on for a day or three of XC exploration, I came to the realization that ascending smoother, steeper fire roads (prevalent in Northern CA) could be a bit more, shall we say, efficient.

I had a brand-spanking-new Cannondale F2 Caffeine frame on order from my LBS and after almost a month of frustrating wait, got the call that it was almost ready to pick up. I went down to check on progress only to find that the front 'Lefty' hub had a fitment problem. Cannondale would have to build me a new wheel and ship to my LBS for replacement, and another 1+ week delivery time! ARGH!

Being the impatient sort that I am, I began perusing Craigslist, and not only found what appeared to be a "too good to be true, raced only six times" 2008 F1 Caffeine complete build, but found that it was still available (at a DEEP discount under MSRP)! I never have this kind of luck! I quickly set about the arduous trip to Marin (land of the MTB gods), and tried to find any reason not to buy this bike, but much to my surprise it was exactly as described, with upgraded wheels, grips, and tires. The seller is, apparently, an up and comer in the North Bay area high school racing scene and as an added bonus, supplied me with a bike that finished 6th place overall in the '08 XC racing season. Good karma!!

After a Sunday morning test ride, I couldn't be happier that I found this bike. It climbs like a monkey (seriously light, stiff, and fast), and I was clearing hills on the big ring at a pretty quick pace that previously I could clear on the Jekyll, but in granny gears at moderate pace. Impressive. Now, I hate like hell to lavish you all with sickly sweet, Cannondale eye candy for fear that everyone may blindly run out and begin acquiring all available Caffeine frames, but I just can't help myself! :bike_rider:

1000281gw1.jpg

1000282ym1.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Nice bike!! My Cannondale is patiently waiting for June 21st, the opening day of Mammoth Mtn!!

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Miss R2FJ said:
Pretty much...I have 3 lovely bikes that don't see much use this time of year....

No excuse!
I rode my dirt bike all summer which is like wearing a parka and having a heater between your legs.

Come on Arizonans! Get out and ride! National Trail at south mountain was fun last sunday at 10am. I think the rocks melted my tires, but its all part of the fun!

RHINO

Expedition Leader
i know all about it bro,,, i was riding my bike on trail 100 the day it was 122 back in 1990, every downhill section felt just like poking yer head in the oven, made my eyes water behind shades and everything.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Miss R2FJ said:
Pretty much...I have 3 lovely bikes that don't see much use this time of year....
Busted. Now you HAVE TO attend the ExPo mountain bike ride in Prescott, June 21st at 8:30am. Doubtful that temps will be above 70 by noon. I bet you gas money home we see wildlife in the pines in the form of deer, bobcats or javalina.

....stream crossings....mountain lakes.....buff singletrack that is only 90 days old, some of which we're actually finishing on Thursday......

...tempted? You should be.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Heck, I'm tempted. Lezzeee, drive 562 miles to Preskitt, ride a bike I'm woefully out of shape to ride, drive 562 miles home.

What's the elevation gain? :D

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
ntsqd said:
Heck, I'm tempted. Lezzeee, drive 562 miles to Preskitt, ride a bike I'm woefully out of shape to ride, drive 562 miles home.

What's the elevation gain? :D

If you ride out you'll be in great shape by the time you make it! :peepwall:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior