No idea what to sell for - 99 7.3L Crew/Longbed 78K (Franktown, CO)

njtacoma

Explorer
Real world example: I sold my Father-in-laws 2000 f350 last summer via craigslist. The content of the add is below. He wanted to hold out for 9,000 and that's what he was payed after about 1.5 weeks.

The buyer offered 8000 because of the miles, but came back 4 days later and said this was the nicest in that price range and they bought it.

2000 Ford F350 XLT with 230K Good truck always maintained well.
Transmission replaced at 175K
Turbo replaced at 96K
This is the great 7.3 diesel, starts right away. Just broke in.

This is a nice Ford f350 Crewcab with power mirrors, power locks, power windows, CD player cassette. Cloth bucket seats in front with a center console, rear bench, these big trucks seat 5 very comfortably. Heavy duty floor mats have always been in place.

Truck runs down the highway nice and straight, pulls well.

Always maintained, if it needed something it got it. He purchased another Ford instead of a Chevy, GMC, or Dodge so this one has to go.

Some body scrapes and a dent, but good solid truck at a great price.

His was desert pin striped pretty good with some minor dents, but ran just fine

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Real world example: I sold my Father-in-laws 2000 f350 last summer via craigslist. The content of the add is below. He wanted to hold out for 9,000 and that's what he was payed after about 1.5 weeks.

The buyer offered 8000 because of the miles, but came back 4 days later and said this was the nicest in that price range and they bought it.
snip...

Makes me think mine is easily worth 12k. I'd have a hard time not selling my ’96 if someone started waving 15k under my nose, of course I just spent 4k on it the old dude. However, it's essentially irreplaceable because of manual trans and what is now considered a 'simple' diesel.

A well cared for 7.3 should run a long time with limited issues.

jage

Observer
Thanks for the advice, listed for $16,500. Bought a mini-me version of the truck in Tacoma flavor!

DSCF0631.JPG

ExPo ad here:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...ed-4x4-quot-long-haul-quot-seats-Franktown-CO

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Thanks for the advice, listed for $16,500. Bought a mini-me version of the truck in Tacoma flavor!

Good, you can always take less for the Ford.

Tacomas are nice, congratulations on your new truck.

I assume you purchased a used one as it already has aftermarket tires on it?

James

jage

Observer
Yeah, 2010 and those are some shot Duratracks you're seeing. Actually probably a little bit of life left, but they really need a proper balance (e.g. haweka attachment) but they seem awfully worn for the 25,000 miles she claimed were on them. I need to dig through the paperwork... but yeah, the Tacoma is a hard fast addiction so far!

Joeprunc

Observer
I was just in the market to purchase a Crew Cab 4x4 short box Diesel here in CA to replace our two 1st gen Tacomas, it was between the 99-2002 7.3L F250 or 2005-2007 Duramax. While looking I didn't see an F250 diesel with under 100,000 miles go for less than $20K (though I wasn't looking at the base model trucks). Also something to remember, most upgrades are worth 100% to the owner, but probably only about 5%-10% once you resell.

I think 16.5K should be good, but one thing to remember is a lot of loan banks start seriously gouging interest rates once a vehicle is over 100,000 miles or 10 years old. And sometimes its hard for someone to gather that much green. The truck we bought had 103,000 miles, and I couldn't get a loan other than thru the dealer, and our credit scores were both above 775 (no not the two added together). You are going to love that Tacoma, there is also a pretty helpful forum for wheeling Tacos TTORA.com, though I'm pretty sure a lot of the expo guys are over here too.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Yeah, 2010 and those are some shot Duratracks you're seeing. Actually probably a little bit of life left, but they really need a proper balance (e.g. haweka attachment) but they seem awfully worn for the 25,000 miles she claimed were on them. I need to dig through the paperwork... but yeah, the Tacoma is a hard fast addiction so far!

Though some reportedly get fantastic wear, I've heard many report of very short life from Duratracs. I've never run them myself.

jage

Observer
Just an update

Listed for $16,500, it went for $16,200 to the first person to see it in person. I put about $200 in parts down between then and now and hadn't even had a chance to bust out the rubbing compound to work on the pinstriping (too cold).

Sad to see it go, 10+ years it's been a great truck.

Truck in Buttered Duck ******t

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Wow! Glad for you.

Makes me think I could sell mine for 15k. Though I'd be sad to see my old friend drive away after 17 years...my wife even more so. I better keep everything for now :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan