Noticed.......Question

ronburgandy

Observer
So I noticed some slight leaking coming out of my T-case yesterday, also 4Lo shifts in really hard. I dont remember ever dragging it hard or hitting anything. It is leaking clean fluid, in a straight perpendicular line to the way i park my truck. Ill prob ably take it to the dealer and have them check it out, and then see what all you guys say.
thanks for the feed back
cheers

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Details on what truck you are drriving would help.

Seal on the slip yolk?

Last edited:

ronburgandy

Observer
Any ideas, I think it is the front slip yoke seal, for the front drive line. I am planning on replacing the seal, adding a super seal, to cover the wear mark. I think I am on the right track, it looks like you just unbolt the front drive line, slip it out, replace yoke and seal, bolt back together, is this the right approach? any ideas or advice would be most helpful. this is my only car, and if i screw it up i have no way to get to work. please let me know if you have any ideas, tips or tricks
cheers

ronburgandy

Observer
I have not had much luck with warranty or Nissan dealerships, I was going to take it in, but just haven't had time with work. I really want to get this done but am kinda shooting in the dark, and don't want to get in over my head. it seems like it should be pretty simple just wanted a little advice from others who have had this problem. it seems pretty common, i have looked on the Nissan frontier forum, there are a few there who have had the same problem, but i can not post on that website, so my options are pretty limited. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ronburgandy

Observer
so i got it all buttoned up and fixed for free under warranty, also did a few other things for me for free, I had all but lost all the support for Nissan, dealerships, and warranty, but they have kinda stood by it this time, I like that, cheers

Terawanderer

Adventurer
Was that covered under an extended warranty?? You may like to relocate the breather valve on the rear axle up into the taillight area....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12