November Trout at Eagle Nest Lake

Roc N Rol

I was out in Taos, New Mexico getting a house CO'd for my boss. His son lives there and is a avid fly fisherman. So he introduced me to fly fishing. We went to Eagle Nest Lake at 9100', there is not much Oxygen at that elevation and the almost 1 mile hike took its tole. Mountains all around 360 deg. it is like a bowl with a lake in the middle. The first trip my borrowed waders had a leak in the right shin and in the crotch. After 5 hours of fishing my waders became a wet suit. I poured over a pint of water out of each leg and my jeans and sweats were saturated, but I caught 2 rainbows so it was all good. He works at the Taos Fly Shop in Taos, NM and his boss gave me a deal on a SAGE rod and thru in a Lamson Radius 3 rd generation real.
FishingEaglesNestLake036.jpg

FishingEaglesNestLake033.jpg

FishingEaglesNestLake038.jpg

FishingEaglesNestLake028-1.jpg

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:rappel: Beautiful, Roc N Rol, I've always felt, that a little work and discomfort, is always worth at least one trout

Because the taste of fresh trout, cooked immediately, is STUPENDOUS

I know, sometimes you can't do that IMMEDIATE STUFF, but you know what I mean !!!

Great pic

:26_7_2: :REOutIceFishing: JIMBO

7wt

Expedition Leader
Those Lamsons are nice. What a pretty place to "get your feet wet" in fly fishing! Now that you are hooked, you'll just have to go get a nice pair or Simms waders. Expensive but worth every penny. Besides, every girl's crazy about a sharp dressed man! (Sorry couldn't resist)

Roc N Rol

Thanks everyone. I had a great time fishing there. I went about 4 times and cought fish everytime. One of the mornings the eyes of the rod kept freezing up with ice. I am back in South Florida waiting for the wind to lay down so I can try it out on some salt water fish in the Indian River. I may need a bigger rod.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman