oil pressure sensor wire

jdj1188

Hey folks

Picked up a 95 SR a month or three ago. It's been a journey and a half so far.

I'm hoping someone could send me a picture of the oil pressure sensor wire and where it traces back to in the harness.

I wasn't getting any signal to my oil pressure gauge, and while doing an oil change I realized the pressure sensor isn't connected, but I cant find any connectors anywhere nearby that aren't plugged in either. So I was hoping someone could take a few pictures tracing the wire for me. Or a wire blowout showing me where it should be routed so I can take a better look.

Reactions: plh

plh

Explorer
Hey folks

Picked up a 95 SR a month or three ago. It's been a journey and a half so far.

I'm hoping someone could send me a picture of the oil pressure sensor wire and where it traces back to in the harness.

I wasn't getting any signal to my oil pressure gauge, and while doing an oil change I realized the pressure sensor isn't connected, but I cant find any connectors anywhere nearby that aren't plugged in either. So I was hoping someone could take a few pictures tracing the wire for me. Or a wire blowout showing me where it should be routed so I can take a better look.
FSM is available at mitsubishilinks.com

socalnative

I tried to find where the oil pressure light wire went to and neither my '97 or '98 have a loose or unconnected wire for a oil pressure light in the cluster. They both have functioning oil pressure gauges in the center high console though.

PhyrraM

Adventurer
On a '95 SR there are two connectors on the same wire near the oil pressure switch/sender. One is for the idiot light trucks and the other is for the gauge pack. The other end of the wire goes to the connector for the gauge pack sub-harness. Not the gauge pack directly

If your truck has an oil pressure gauge it continues from this connector, up the sub-harness and to the gauge.

If the truck has only the oil pressure light in the cluster, the wire loops back (in the sub-harness) to a different pin in the same connector, and then on to the back of the instrument cluster.

Sorry, I don't have pictures...sold the truck a while back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior