Old Man Emu Suspension question

So. I just installed the OME lift in my 1990 300GD. I am curious is anyone here has installed the lift, and if they have issues with the truck leaning - or sagging - to one side. My truck is noticeably sagging to the passenger side.

I did hear from ARB today, and apparently I have the springs installed incorrectly. The kit comes with A and B springs (A are slightly taller). The A side front is designed to be installed on the driver side, and the A side rear should
be cornered to it, so installed in the passenger rear.

Anyhow, I am hoping swapping the rear springs (as I have both A springs on the driver side) will alleviate the lean...but wanted to hear other peoples experience.

Thanks!

Jon

Clawhammer

Adventurer
This is a common problem on Tacomas (called "Taco lean") but you're on the right track with the "a" and "b" springs. A trick some guys do it put a small spacer on the sagging side, on the front. I forget why this is supposed to work, but the general consensus is that it does. Sorry I don't have knowledge specific to your vehicle, but I am a big fan of OME stuff. I hope you get it sorted.

I've had numerous vehicles with OME suspension setups including a 2007 Tacoma (that didn't suffer from taco lean). I've had lean issues with a few of them, including my 1987 FJ60 Land Cruiser. You make a good point about a small spacer.

aircruiser

Observer
I have no experience with the OME kit on my GWagens. I did some digging though and it seems that they offer two different springs for the front and rear depending on engine and accessories. My guess is that you want a set of "B" up front and either "A or B" matched set in the rear depending on your normal load.
Thor describes it well on his site here. http://vikingoffroad.com/g-wagen-coil-springs/

burquedoka

Adventurer
I recently installed the OME shocks on my 2000 G500, while still retaining the stock springs and 50mm poly spring spacers from Titus Pullo.
The shocks are rather stiff and a good fit for a heavily loaded G, like mine. I like the build quality a lot, especially for the price. Ride quality is good when loaded with gear and family, when empty it's a bit stiff. I will probably fit the matching springs at some point in the near future as I believe my 17 year old springs are getting a little tired.

the install is somehow jiggered.
if installed exactly as instructed, and you are getting tilt, the only conclusion is that ome is at fault. if this is common across makes and models, then ome is selling an inferior product. or their instructions are poorly written.
shimming is never never an option, except where specifically engineered.
reread instruction is my next step.

driftaholic

I read that ome Springs are shorter then the stock ones and can come lose on full droop. Any info on this those of you who have them?

DiscoDino

Observer
I read that ome Springs are shorter then the stock ones and can come lose on full droop. Any info on this those of you who have them?

I had the OME springs with the King shocks for the G...they came loose indeed...so swapped them for some Iron Man G springs and it was working fine...I still have both sets of springs and 30mm spring spacers if anyone is interested...(shipping from Dubai!)...

DiscoDino

Observer
Do you have both the OME and Iron Man springs for sale? shocks as well?

I only have the springs (4 x OME, 4 x Iron Man)...I also have the 30mm rubber spring blocks bought from a fellow EP here on the forum...so 3 ways to lift a G...no shocks...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12