Old truck exploring.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
At one time we were brought in as a team to fight fire on a proving grounds. We were to keep the roads and fences wet, and mainly to stay lit up so people would quit calling it in. 1 EOD, person with each truck. The smell of fire mixed with exploding ordinance, was quite the night. I had almost forgotten about that until i saw the signs from your post. Stay Frosty!

toddz69

Explorer
Awesome report! Love to see the old iron bouncing around in the desert without another vehicle in sight. A perfect read about a peaceful place in an otherwise crazy world. Thanks. Makes me want to escape for a few days in the Bronco.

Todd Z.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
At one time we were brought in as a team to fight fire on a proving grounds. We were to keep the roads and fences wet, and mainly to stay lit up so people would quit calling it in. 1 EOD, person with each truck. The smell of fire mixed with exploding ordinance, was quite the night. I had almost forgotten about that until i saw the signs from your post. Stay Frosty!
That's wild!

Awesome report! Love to see the old iron bouncing around in the desert without another vehicle in sight. A perfect read about a peaceful place in an otherwise crazy world. Thanks. Makes me want to escape for a few days in the Bronco.
Todd Z.
Cheers Todd, we need to get the old trucks out into the desert after all these years.

Nice report, dude. This is the type of read that got me coming to ExPo in the first place.
Thanks, same here. I stopped posting for a decade or so and I think a lot has changed here, but good old exploring reports here and another forum is what encouraged me to start recording our trips.

DVD

Adventurer
Wow, this looks familiar! We were out for 4 nights / 5 days in the same area around New Years. I'll be working on a TR soon. We started in Gila River canyon near Dateland, then hit the AZ Peace Trail north from Yuma, heading over to Swansea, over the Bill Williams, then to McGuffie cabin and finally the Maggie slot canyon.

Great trip. Great scenery. Great adventures. I've read articles that camping/overlanding is booming during Covid era, but we saw fewer people than previous years (we caught the bug some 8 yrs ago), and that's a good thing!

My wife and I took the trip, so we had a few more creature comforts than you guys (fridge, insulated sleeping mat, Little Buddy heater, etc.), but I'm OK with that if it helps get my wife out there with me. And I have to admit, I don't mind a little extra warmth on cold mornings and dry, cold meats etc.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Cheers, that's funny! Just about a week off from each other. The wife is good with roughing it for a couple weeks camping from a motorcycle or the old truck, but the reason we took the 80 to Central and South America is because the conveniences don't suck! Haha! On night 600 and something we were definitely ready for even more conveniences. It becomes home and not just a truck after a few months.

I think the side of the trail you did is the best. Planet ranch to Yuma was just okay. There are some cool areas near the trail in those areas, but the trail itself misses all of the good stuff in my opinion. The East side and north up into the Hualapais are just darn pretty!

Wow, this looks familiar! We were out for 4 nights / 5 days in the same area around New Years. I'll be working on a TR soon. We started in Gila River canyon near Dateland, then hit the AZ Peace Trail north from Yuma, heading over to Swansea, over the Bill Williams, then to McGuffie cabin and finally the Maggie slot canyon.

Great trip. Great scenery. Great adventures. I've read articles that camping/overlanding is booming during Covid era, but we saw fewer people than previous years (we caught the bug some 8 yrs ago), and that's a good thing!

My wife and I took the trip, so we had a few more creature comforts than you guys (fridge, insulated sleeping mat, Little Buddy heater, etc.), but I'm OK with that if it helps get my wife out there with me. And I have to admit, I don't mind a little extra warmth on cold mornings and dry, cold meats etc.

Reactions: DVD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12