Omni’s stove top oven

blacklbzbeauty

I’m wondering if this little gadget really works. For those of you that have and use one, can you say what’s best and what its limitations are?Thanks.
There are many YouTube vids on this very subject. After researching I bought one as a Christmas gift for my wife/camp cook. It appears there are many things it does well if precautions are taken. There are also other options depending on your particular set up.

RDinNHand AZ

I have a near identical oven from the 1970’s and have some experience with it. It’s great for muffin mixes (or your favorite scratch recipe), brownies, cakes and even Calzone-like rolled dough with fillings. We were a family of 4 so it works for that with deserts but two of us can eat anything you cook in it if you have been on a long hike and return to camp with time to cook. I used to use it on my SVEA 123 with the base from my Tourist cook set. It works good on a butane portable asian cook top too. Clean up is a bit of a challenge with my old version as the cooking circle would be easy if non-stick but mine is just aluminum. It requires surprisingly little fuel and a small flame to keep it hot.

You might check out the Coleman Camp Oven as an alternative. @rafikiontour recently made a post about it on Instagram and it was very convincing. They talked about the Omnia, too. Given their depth of experience, I'd tend to trust them. I don't have any affiliation (or oven), but I'm seriously considering the Coleman oven after their post. We already have the stove and it's been good to us.

mkish

Adventurer
It's fine. Takes a little practice. A lot of boaters use them and they are basically Israeli "wonder pots"--so there are lots of recipes for everything out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior