Operation Denali

colotaco

Adventurer
I've been an expo member for about a year and used alot of the advice found on this site to outfit my Taco. This post is to hopefully draw support for an upcoming expedition I am involved with. Operation Denali is an expedition to be undertaken by three soldiers and one Marine wounded in Iraq fighting to keep our country safe from further terrorist atttacks. This June they will attempt to summit Denali (Mt McKinley) in Alaska. The make up of the team is diverse not only in Military skill sets but in injuries/disabilities. All have been training very hard for this endeavor and understand fully that it's not really about just getting to the top to overcome their injuries but also setting an example for the thousands of their brothers and sisters who share in their daily hardships. If this climb can rescue one other brave warrior from the depths of their anguish and uncertainty of the future then it will have completed it's task and purpose. To view the climbers, their stories and logisitcs plus how to make a donation if that suits you I invite you to visit their website at www.theveteranscoalition.org/operation_denali

Last edited:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Very Very cool...
I will go to the website and read more. It would be nice to mention this on the DE site (even though we are mostly vehicle based, any outdoor adventure is great).
Thanks for posting it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior