Oregon Sand Dunes

Part 1, Sand Lake

Sand Lake Recreation Area is one of three sand dunes in Oregon. Located on the Oregon Coast about 90 miles southeast of Portland. It is jointly managed by the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department and the Siuslaw National Forest. Bordered by the Pacific Ocean and surrounded by trees the 1,100 acre of dunes is a great place to practice driving on sand. There are three developed campgrounds plus areas of dispersed sand camping.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
I can see you’re driving a Jeep now. A tricked out Rubicon maybe? Lets see a photo or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickw

Adventurer
Part 1, Sand Lake

Sand Lake Recreation Area is one of three sand dunes in Oregon. Located on the Oregon Coast about 90 miles southeast of Portland. It is jointly managed by the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department and the Siuslaw National Forest. Bordered by the Pacific Ocean and surrounded by trees the 1,100 acre of dunes is a great place to practice driving on sand. There are three developed campgrounds plus areas of dispersed sand camping.

Been out there many times, lots of good memories in the old FJ40...

I can see you’re driving a Jeep now. A tricked out Rubicon maybe? Lets see a photo or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it is a Rubicon. Found a 2015 that was un molested. Have added a winch, some lighting, step sliders and a spacer lift to level out the front end after adding the winch. So far it has gotten me everywhere I have wanted to go so do not think I will much more to it.

Jeep front.jpg

Jeep rear.jpg

CillianSolis

Part 1, Sand Lake

Nice, thanks for the video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior