Outback sleeping pads.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Wanted to let everyone know that I had my first opportunity on our recent El Camino Del Diablo trip to try out the Outback Sleeping Pad. One word = amazing. The other 3 in our crew often complained about bumpy/rocky nights but I never felt a thing.

That pad is so awesome thick that it's nearing home mattress quality. I was very suprised; and made fun of often due really to the fact that our other 3 campers were jealous (or maybe just the way I look :D )

No affiliation or anything, but you can get them at Extreme Outback: http://www.extremeoutback.com/index.cgi?exact_match=yes&product=Outback Sleeping Pads

I'm seriously considering the double size to put the young ones next to me when they're ready.

BMAN

Adventurer
Can't say if it's the way you look or the fact that ya dropped a hundred and fifty samoleons on a fluffy little foo-foo mattress. :shakin:

durango_60

Explorer
Even though I was sleeping on the biggest thermarest ever produced I did consider violently stealing that thing from pskhatt once or twice. Thankfully I was not losing any sleep(sleeping is pretty much what I do best) but if I had been it may have gotten ugly.

BMAN

Adventurer
expeditionswest said:
A good nights rest is worth $150. Hell, thats less than two motel night :p

I plan on many great nights of sleep in the RTT. I have a 2" thermarest that I thought was the end all be all to ground sleeping. Of course that's after 30 years of nothing but a bag and maybe a tent floor between me and terra-firma. I just like givin a little hell every now and then.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
BMAN said:
the fact that ya dropped a hundred and fifty samoleons on a fluffy little foo-foo mattress. :shakin:[/QUOTE

I would laugh at that myself, and maybe even call it a frilly froo froo mattress!
But then I remember that he won this with pure offroad driving and navigation skills.
The guy came in, did a clean sweep of the Trophy and then left the same day. I never even saw him!:bowdown: :bowdown:

ShearPin

Adventurer
Outback Mattress

I bought a double Outback Mattress from Extreme Outback a number of years ago - bought it for my second trip with my now wife. I didn't want to saddle old Eore with the weight and wind resistance of a rooftop tent (I have to preserve my 45mph cruise).

This thing is damn comfortable and tough as nails. I just toss it in the back of my sharp edged old Land Rover with jerry cans, ammo cans etc. No inflating either - unroll it, open the valves, and pleasant dreams. It will fit in my tent if weather requires it or toss it on the ground if not.

The year I met my wife I reviewed all my gear to make camping as pleasant as possible yet maintain my requirement of low weight and economy of space. She had never been before she met me and I wanted to make it as pleasurable an experience as possible. We've gone on a Eore based trip for our holidays every year since..... money well spent.

Henry

Attachments

• My Pictures0130.jpg
    My Pictures0130.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 158

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Does anyone have a current link?
I tried the link above as well as a manual search and could not find the pads on their site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan