Outdoor shower idea

kacz7895

I am wanting to build an off road tear drop to tow behind a jeep im rebuilding. The wife likes the idea of a teardrop but wants a bathroom and shower.
The idea
I used to have a popup with a shower toilet combo and you put the walls up after you poped up the camper. The idea would to build a teardrop then mount the toilet/shower combe on the front. It would have its own door and you would only need to put it up when needed. Trying to draw pic on phone to show exactually what i mean.

KTM-Todd

I can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm new this this idea of building an offroad teardrop. I have been trying to figure out a toilet (must have for the wife) and shower (must have for me). I'm thinking something like this outside on the wife's side[/URL] with a 5 gallon bucket toilet with a bag and kitty litter. A shower would also work. It stands 6'6" so I can stand. And nice shade during the day or get out of the weather.

02.jpg

Pros,
Easy, No extra fab
Shade, rain, wind, bug protection.
Wife likes it

Cons
more to set up
cost
size to store

I'm not sold on it yet. But I'm leaning that way.

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
View attachment 383501

This setup takes about 5 minutes to setup and if you've already got a water tank and pump it's only about $165 investment and works great!!!

Eccotemp L5 Portable Tankless Water Heater and Outdoor Shower https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TXOJQ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_kPnHybHX4CFQC

Texsport Portable Deluxe Camp Shower Shelter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ITVSSQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_jQnHyb9C1192P

Thanks very much for posting the link to the L5 unit!

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
I've started to work on it 2 years ago, and there's still much tweaking to do, but to give you an idea on what we've done and where we're at...

I got a Martin portable on-demand hot water heater. Part of me wishes I would of went with the L5 for the sole fact of being able to get a pelican can to store it outside of the trailer. My initial plans and why I went with the Martin may of changed. Regardless, it heats and works super well!
HAnQ7RI.jpg

I had a change room and decide to convert it to a shower (see it on the right of the truck). It worked on, but those change rooms are not fast to setup, and kind of cheap.
5sYWtrO.jpg

Last year, I decided to jump in and get a full awning with sides, and one of the ideas we had with the large amount of room that we have with it, was to split part of it until a shower and change room.
d7e9Ak6.jpg

2fbVjwg.jpg

ST6w8pT.jpg

n9mH1sk.jpg

That does work quite well and not bad to setup with the tarps we have. We got some heavy-duty tarps we bought last year for use at a haunted house this year that we're planning on cutting and shaping to make a proper change room/shower divider. The only issue to really deal with was the floor/drain setup. I wasn't a fan of using the rolled tarp setup, having to really plan and use the angle of the terrain. There is a drain capture floor you can get, and they do advertise it for use with changeroom of Xterrachris81's style. It's called the "Paha Que Tepee Drain Capture Floor". It was on my list for mods this year, but with this thread, I decided to relook, and I found one on Amazon that was used-like-new (1 left) for $30CAD shipped and ordered it on the spot! The nice thing is that I can connect a regular hose to it to drain the water away from the camp !

http://www.hotcampshowers.com/inc/sdetail/371

kacz7895

The only readon i thought of this idea wad under the impression that when camping out in the woods or in camp ground you couldnt train grey water onto the ground

dcarteaux

Wild Butch
Try a hunting blind...

Pop-up hunting blinds work VERY well. Anywhere from $60 to $400. I tack one down next to my trailer and it's good for toilet and shower area.

Attachments

• HuntBlind.jpg
    HuntBlind.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 134

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman