Overland Equipped 2004 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Limited SE AWD

jkarow08

Well unfortunately the time has come to sell our baby. We are moving to Nicaragua and can't import anything older than 10 years old so our loss is someone else's gain. She has been an incredible rig, more a member of our family really, and has brought us the best times of our lives. She recently completed a 7500 mile, 55 day adventure around the west, visiting 60 national/state parks/forests/etc, camping mostly at dispersed sites, and touring some of the most incredible gravel/dirt roads in the country, all without a hiccup along the way. We've had her for almost 3 years, got her in stock Explorer form, and installed all of the overland mods ourselves. She had a great maintenance history on Carfax when we bought her and have been religious with oil changes since, and also replaced ball joints/upper control arms, pads (ceramic) and rotors, and had the the problematic rear A/C deleted and the rest of the system charged. She has a few minor dings and some minor cracks in the fiberglass rockers but is in generally great condition, hopefully the new owner adds a few of their own love bumps lol. The interior is also in very good condition, with only one minor hole in the driver seat bolster and some other minor imperfections throughout from use. She is ready for the next adventure, I would take her across the country today and am planning one last trip with her from WI to FL where we fly out of. We'd prefer to sell her in South FL when we get there in a few weeks or so, but would be willing to deliver her to basically anyplace in the SE US for the right offer (would just rent a car to drive the rest if the way to FL). I'm sure I am forgetting some things, don't hesitate to ask for more details on anything. I don't have many interior pics on hand but I'm having it detailed next week and I'll post some after I do. Thanks!

$28k obo

2004 GMC Savana Explorer 1500 AWD Limited SE
-202k miles
-Optional Eaton rear LSD
-Optional double doors on both sides
-9 way power heated leather captain's chairs, rear captain's chairs on quick release levers, power folding rear bench seat that turns into full size bed
-15" TV with DVD, VCR, and rear radio
-Lighting package
-Center console cooler
-Blinds

Wheels/Tires
-American racing Teron 18" Wheels (some peeling chrome but no damage otherwise)
-p265/65r18 Firestone Destination AT2 with 50% tread
-Full size Firestone Destination AT2 spare

Suspension
-3" lift, lift torsion keys in front, lift blocks rear
-Skyjacker Extended length shocks
-General Spring add-a-leaf kit (900lb/side)

Electrical
-XS Power d3100 dual purpose AGM battery with distribution blocks(1376 cca, 127ah, mounted in factory starting battery location)
-200w Newpowa solar panel with tilt mount
-Newpowa MPPT 20a charge controller with Bluetooth
-NOCO Genius2D 2a on board charger with shore power plug mounted in front passenger fender
-Nilight ZH408 52" curved light bar with flood/spot combo (783w, 78000lm) with wiring kit, wired to switch controlling factory Explorer driving lights
-Diehard 140w inverter
-Ultimate9 Bluetooth Battery Monitor

Overland Gear
-Overland Vehicle Systems 180 Awning with wall kit
-Garmin Overlander GPS mounted on the QD charger on a RAM mount
-Custom rooftop deck (doubles as cargo carrier)
-Sureco stainless rear door ladder
-3 Apache 9800 low profile waterproof cases for rooftop storage
-Move "Classic" rear bumper kit with offroad tow hooks, bed lined black
-Custom rear drawers
-Flambeau gun case for storage (fits perfectly under rear bench)
-Folding memory foam mattress to make bed more comfortable
-Kelty Double Wide 2-person 20deg sleeping bag
-Skeeter Beater magnetic screens for front and rear doors
-4 Traction Mats
-Custom mount to attach baby seat directly to quick release captain's chair mount, also doubles as table.
-5 gallon Rotopax style gas can with lockable mount, mounted to deck/rack
-Luggable-Loo and bucket
-Solar shower
-Battery powered fan
-110v space heater

Cooking/Water/Food storage
-Phalcon Overland 30l Drawer Fridge/freezer (mounted between front captain's chairs below A/V console)
-Hitchfire Ledge swing away rear hitch hauler with extension
-GMG Trek Pellet Smoker with thermal blanket, extra rack, and cover (12v/110v)
-Portable butane camp stove
-6 Waterbricks with 12v rechargeable pump
-Ozark Trail 73qt roto molded cooler
-4 6lb igloo performance ice blocks (use drawer freezer to freeze 2 and rotate into cooler to produce own ice and have self-sufficient 100qts of fridge and freezer storage)

Misc
-Jump pack
-12v air pump
-Cable Come-Along
-Tow strap
-Crank/12v rechargeable weather radio
-Retractable straps for cargo/smoker storage
-French Press
-Misc kitchen utensils
-Cast iron skillet and covered pot
-Folding table

20231014_144553.jpg

20231008_105337.jpg
20230924_183530.jpg
IMG-20230924-WA0000.jpg
20230917_103238.jpg
20230914_190030.jpg
IMG-20231019-WA0008.jpg

Attachments

• 20231016_184504.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 43
  • 20231010_142242.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:

jkarow08

Price drop...$23k. Can't find a better equipped AWD van for the money! Currently in Louisiana, headed for South Florida.

Attachments

• 20240312_175701.jpg
    20240312_175701.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 19
We have almost exactly the same vehicle! Mine is an '03 with a Chevy badge and a G80 LSD. I'd love to have an Eaton Selectable locker. I also just completed a 2.5-3" lift kit with rear springs from Boulder Off-road. I've owned it now for a little over and year and loved it for skiing and mtn biking. GLWS!

Also, question for you about the boxes on the roof...How did you hold them on? I've looked at getting the same ones.

Attachments

• 20230814_144419.jpg
    20230814_144419.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 25
  • 20230127_145649.jpg
    20230127_145649.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 25

jkarow08

We have almost exactly the same vehicle! Mine is an '03 with a Chevy badge and a G80 LSD. I'd love to have an Eaton Selectable locker. I also just completed a 2.5-3" lift kit with rear springs from Boulder Off-road. I've owned it now for a little over and year and loved it for skiing and mtn biking. GLWS!

Also, question for you about the boxes on the roof...How did you hold them on? I've looked at getting the same ones.
Nice rig! Mine isn't selectable, also the g80 like yours, just edited the text to make that clear. I've been really impressed with the LSD and AWD as a whole and we've had her on some pretty gnarly roads and in a lot of snow.

I just ratchet strap them down (along with my traction mats) since I often remove them while daily driving it or when I get to camp and want to sit up on the deck and enjoy a cigar. I highly suggest getting a set of retractable straps so you don't have to tie off the excess every time and worry about it flapping while driving. The apache 9800 are great cases, mine have spent months on top of my deck and I've never had a leak.

jkarow08

We're in FL now, hoping to have the van sold in the next couple of weeks before we fly out. All reasonable offers will be entertained!

20240320_171428.jpg

jkarow08

Well ladies and gentlemen, this has to be the deal of the century in the 4x4 overland van world...now down to $15k!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior