Overland Grilling

HitchFire

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
We wanted to get a thread going where we can see some good grilling recipes that you have put together while grilling on your trips! We'll go ahead and start and share a recipe that Jason Schaub of Overland Cookery put together this thanksgiving. If you've got a big group that needs catering for your next overland adventure, check out Overland Cookery and don't miss out on our 20% off site wide sale this Black Friday at HitchFire.com

HitchFire Thanksgiving

HitchFire

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
After receiving great feedback on the benefit of having running water at camp with our hitch mounted Cook Station, we wanted to bring that same great convenience to our hitch mounted grills. We are excited to introduce the Side Sink, a 6x6 stainless steel wash basin with integrated drain hose connection paired with the Dometic Go rechargeable water faucet. Now the convenience of washing your hands or rinsing utensils while grilling has never been easier.

Attachments

• Web-8121.jpg
    Web-8121.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • Web-8139.jpg
    Web-8139.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 8

TwinStick

Explorer
What we have done in the past that has worked flawlessly for us and saved a lot of prep time is :

Take the meat you plan to eat while camping and tenderize it with a hole poking device (tenderizer) , marinade it with your favorite stuff and vacuum seal it for a few days. Right before you leave for camping, transfer meat to a double seal ziploc type bag and place it your pre cooled fridge. Goes right from fridge to grill with no fuss at camp.

This is especially helpful if weather turns bad. Sometimes I will even cook it at home if weather is forecasted to be bad in advance and bring our 700 watt microwave. Lol that has turned more than a few heads, especially when there is no hookups.

With our new 23' ZR2 Colorado, I have to start all over again. Thinking of a Bluetti system, so I don't have to tie into stock electrical because they will instantly void my warranty. But I really enjoyed being able to use microwave in bad weather and the HF air compressor that I have & use in my garage. I could go from 17 psi to 35 psi in 52 seconds flat, on the 265/70/17 that were on our 19' Colorado ZR2 diesel. These tires are a little bigger at 285/70/17.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior