Overlander insurance

F550Overland

Hi Everyone,
I am building a custom build on a 2022 F550 chassis with a Total Composites box. Does anyone have a recommendation for an insurance carrier? I just received a cancelation notice due to the increased tire size, from the super single conversion.
Thanks,
Tim

fukiphino

Subscribing to this. Been trying to research the same thing before I start a custom build. Best info I could find was to get the vehicle retitled as an RV. (Probably not going to happen if you don't outright own it.) Seems like after that, some are having better luck getting insurance. But just because you have insurance, doesn't mean they will pay out. That's a whole other battle.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
I've never heard of this particular wrinkle. For large tires? I've got Auto Owners. They have my receipts for my build and I insure my camper separately because it's removable. Can you disclose your insurer so we can all avoid them?

alanymarce

- Liberty for the Andean Community,
- ICBC for Canada,
- Willis for MERCOSUR (now no longer offering insurance for vehicles, I believe).

Getting liability insurance for various parts of the world usually isn’t too difficult. Insuring the value of one’s own vehicle is either difficult or impossible for a unusual or highly modified vehicle, and usually extremely expensive. I haven’t ever had “collision” on my vehicle no matter which of 5 continents it’s been driving on. But it’s been insured for liability in all these places.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman