P/N MR355354 and MR 355255

Mudrunner

Adventurer
So while fixing my rig, I kinda tore up my fan shroud. It was already mostly broken and dried out any way.

So while looking for this part I found it also is a Mopar part, same number and such. Does anyone know what it would be used on. The one Mopar site I found says it was on Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep. So I am just trying to open the range of donor vehicles.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
There are 2 Montero Sports at the local salvage yard same year as yours, let me know if you want me to grab one for you.

Mudrunner

Adventurer
Thanks for the offer, but I have been looking forward to a junk yard trip for a while and this seems opportune...

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Chrysler took over parts duty at some point for MMC, for example the Montero 9.5" R&P is unique to that vehicle in the united states but it can be bought from the dodge dealer and will come in a MOPAR box and dodge never sold anything with that R&P rebadged or otherwise.

Clem

Adventurer
Chrysler took over parts duty at some point for MMC, for example the Montero 9.5" R&P is unique to that vehicle in the united states but it can be bought from the dodge dealer and will come in a MOPAR box and dodge never sold anything with that R&P rebadged or otherwise.

So I can go to my local Dodge dealer with a Mitsubishi part number and get a factory 4.90 R&P?

Thanks,

Clem

off-roader

Expedition Leader
The factory 4.90 are the ONLY ring and pinion that fit. In all the research I've seen people do, it appears that no other vehicles use these gears other than Mitsu 4x4's. :(

As for dodge having them, I'm not 100% sure but I wouldn't doubt it. I've seen other 3rd parties selling mitsu OEM parts such as their ignition switch. Say's another brand name on the outside (Beck Arnley) but is still in it's OEM Mitsu packaging (plastic bag) including the OEM part number stickers on the inside of the box.:Wow1:

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Lloyds 4.90 came in a Mopar box, as for the aftermarket having OEM parts BEWARE they may be "rebuilt" in the case of OEM electronics ISC or ECU or just a copy using either original molds or molds made from factory parts (motor mounts, transmission mounts or any bushing really.

These parts will be junk, i've learned this the hard way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior