Packing Macbook in Pelican case

WESBC

Observer
I just purchased a 1470 with foam for my Macbook and had a general question for the foam layout. I already cut a piece out of the middle (centered) with the top of the Macbook, that is flush with the top layer of the pick-n-pluck portion. I want to be able to store my charger inside as well and would like some feedback. I plan to cut out a smaller section of the foam, underneath the laptop. The cutout would extend all the way through the pick-n-pluck layer, and would stop at the bottom foam layer. My concern would be that the ~1/2" of padding between the inside case and the charger would not be sufficient enough. I feel that the charger may cause damage the laptop because of this particular lay out.

I'm not planning on tossing this off the building, just normal activities like taking it to school and what not. Am I just being too concerned? I know that the computer itself probably wouldn't hold up to the impact of building, so would I be fine with what I plan to do?

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I would just cut a small piece of foam to place between the charger and the bottom of the macbook. You should be fine.
Like you said, ... you aren't planning on tossing this thing off of a building!
D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears