Pajero/Montero Gen 2.5 2"/50mm BL/Body Lift blocks and hardware specs

Hi Guys,

Just need some info here if anyone can assist?

I want to do a 2" Body Lift on my Gen 2.5 Pajero. I would like to make this myself as it really doesn't look difficult, and I would have to import a kit otherwise from overseas$$$$$

Specs I need:

- Body Spacer/Puck/Block - Outer Diameter/OD, Height will obviously be 50mm/2"
- Body Spacer/Puck/Block Material - What plastic is recommended, or should I go for alloy, if so, what grade of aluminium?
- ID/Inner Diameter for the bolt hole

Fasteners/Hardware

- Bolt Grade - 10.9 High Tensile, or 8.8? What is needed and what is best/recommended?
- Bolt length, and specs, M8 or M10 (don't have the car to check right now). I believe bolts are needed, not screws correct? i.e shaft with threaded end, how much thread is needed, and how much clean bolt shaft?
- Any specific washers needed?
- Any specific nuts like lock/nyloc nuts or anything like that?
- Are all bolts the same length for mounts, or do they differ?
- Do you keep all other components that are found and there on the stock gen 2.5, the rubbers etc?

Just a couple quick questions:

- My car is a manual, so I know I need to trim the interior gear surround panel for the transfer case selector.
- I know the fan shroud needs to be modified at the bottom to move up with the body.
- I know the front brake lines need to be fed through the body further to accommodate for the lift.
- I know the front bumper will need to be moved up (custom one in the works anyway)

Is there anything else I am missing?

Thanks!!!

plh

Explorer
Hockey pucks work good, 3" diameter x 1" thickness each, can be stacked.

Last edited:

mudraider

Adventurer
Why would you have to import a kit from overseas? Because it's a Pajero? A. D. D.
If you use plastic, you should use UHMW rod, 2½" works great. I've always use Grade 5 bolts, anything else is overkill. I do like to go up to ½" bolts, which entails opening everything involved to ½". Don't know bolt lengths off the top of my head, I usually get a bunch from Tractor Supply and take back what I don't use. I also run them up, instead of dropping them in like stock. You don't have anything hanging down that way then.

Sent from my pretty good android phone

Why would you have to import a kit from overseas? Because it's a Pajero? A. D. D.
If you use plastic, you should use UHMW rod, 2½" works great. I've always use Grade 5 bolts, anything else is overkill. I do like to go up to ½" bolts, which entails opening everything involved to ½". Don't know bolt lengths off the top of my head, I usually get a bunch from Tractor Supply and take back what I don't use. I also run them up, instead of dropping them in like stock. You don't have anything hanging down that way then.

Sent from my pretty good android phone

I'm from South Africa, so have to import, no local options!:(

Thanks for the info and suggestion for UHMW Rod, I imagined Polyethylene would probably suit.
SAE Grade 5 bolt is roughly an ISO 8.8, so may look at that, but usually I tend to go 10.9/grade 8 bolts on vehicle stuff (usually suspension which requires a tougher bolt). I guess once torqued down a Grade 5 should be fine?

Anyone else have any other info on the other questions?

Specs I need:

- Body Spacer/Puck/Block - Outer Diameter/OD, Height will obviously be 50mm/2"
- Body Spacer/Puck/Block Material - What plastic is recommended, or should I go for alloy, if so, what grade of aluminium?
- ID/Inner Diameter for the bolt hole

Fasteners/Hardware

- Bolt Grade - 10.9 High Tensile, or 8.8? What is needed and what is best/recommended?
- Bolt length, and specs, M8 or M10 (don't have the car to check right now). I believe bolts are needed, not screws correct? i.e shaft with threaded end, how much thread is needed, and how much clean bolt shaft?
- Any specific washers needed?
- Any specific nuts like lock/nyloc nuts or anything like that?
- Are all bolts the same length for mounts, or do they differ?
- Do you keep all other components that are found and there on the stock gen 2.5, the rubbers etc?

Just a couple quick questions:

- My car is a manual, so I know I need to trim the interior gear surround panel for the transfer case selector.
- I know the fan shroud needs to be modified at the bottom to move up with the body.
- I know the front brake lines need to be fed through the body further to accommodate for the lift.
- I know the front bumper will need to be moved up (custom one in the works anyway)

Is there anything else I am missing?

ARDOR

Anyone have faster specs?

"Standard grade (Grade 5) hardware is included in kits Dxx, includes longer bolts/nuts/washers for each body mount location
Hardware may be upgraded to Heavy Duty (Grade 8) by ordering the HDxx option
Hardware may be upgraded to Stainless Steel (316 alloy) by ordering the SSxx option"

-https://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/MonteroBodyLift.shtml

They might be willing to divulge additional specs if you reach out to them directly and explain you're in S Africa...

"Standard grade (Grade 5) hardware is included in kits Dxx, includes longer bolts/nuts/washers for each body mount location
Hardware may be upgraded to Heavy Duty (Grade 8) by ordering the HDxx option
Hardware may be upgraded to Stainless Steel (316 alloy) by ordering the SSxx option"

-https://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/MonteroBodyLift.shtml

They might be willing to divulge additional specs if you reach out to them directly and explain you're in S Africa...
Will give it a try, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior