passing heater or gas through wall on a pop-top?

jagarcia89

Hi All,
I am working on a minimal build on my Ovrlnd camper and I'm racking my brain how to pass things through the solid walls. Shore power is easy with about 1000 off the shelf options, but I'm struggling to find good options for heating.

I like the idea of a stand alone diesel heater as I have had good luck with the CDH's in previous builds but I don't want to mount permanently, but unlike an RTT (the set up I see most used with this) my camper does not have a zipper door or window to pass the duct through and I can't find any good options that could be used to go through the hardside but that would seal well when the heater hose is not in use.

I even considered going with a propane wall mount heater like a dickinson , but I think with those you typically want the propane tank outside the vehicle so I am struggling with finding a way to have a through wall gas hook up. I saw Mammoth Overland trailers had something in an instagram video the other day, but I think it must be "home made" because it appears to be labled Noco and I don't think Noco makes any gas fittings.

Hoping someone on here has some ideas or things they have tried that worked

1669065162185.png

highwest

What truck? I removed a cubby in my Tacoma’s bed and replaced it with an aluminum sheet that I mounted the heater to so I wouldn’t have to drill any permanent holes in the truck. I also found a diesel tank that doesn’t leak and mounted it in the truck, it doesn’t smell. It works really well.

jagarcia89

What truck? I removed a cubby in my Tacoma’s bed and replaced it with an aluminum sheet that I mounted the heater to so I wouldn’t have to drill any permanent holes in the truck. I also found a diesel tank that doesn’t leak and mounted it in the truck, it doesn’t smell. It works really well.

Ram 1500 trx. So no cubbies and I’m very hesitant to put a hole in the bed. Both because it’s value and because on previous builds I only used the heater a handful of time a year. But when I needed it, I really needed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I don’t know for a fact that this would work, but I would consider the wall plates used for central vacuum systems… sealed tight and designed to connect hose on each side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior