Pedal-powered 4WD all-terrain vehicle

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
Check out the Trailcart. Interesting concept for sure. Since it tracks so much wider than any mountain bike, it would be difficult/impossible to ride many singletrack trails. However, for a long distance expedition one might be able to load it down with more gear, or tow a trailer larger than a BOB.

durango_60

Explorer
Gotta love this quote. "There's no word on how much exertion is required to get that thing really moving, but if it takes any kind of physical strain at all, chances are it'll never make it to America."

kcowyo

ExPo Original
"There's no word on how much exertion is required to get that thing really moving, but if it takes any kind of physical strain at all, chances are it'll never make it to America."

Ha!

Cool concept. Love the poser shot. Might need a winch before it goes over in the states.

:rockon:

FLYFISHEXPERT

LivingOverland.com
I was on the Human Powered Vehicle team at the University of Idaho and we had a design for a 2wd off-road 4 wheeled vehicle with full independent suspension. Due to lack of funding, we were never able to realize the concept. 3 of us dumped our own money into purchasing material for the project, but couldn't gather enough to get anything substantial built. Since then, I have had an itch to build it, but haven’t gotten around to it. I probably have all of the bike parts I would need from when I worked at a shop in Boise and since we got a team discount at a shop in Moscow.

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
kcowyo said:
Cool concept. Love the poser shot. Might need a winch before it goes over in the states.
A pedal-powered winch? Perhaps we could call it the Warn-out winch....
:jump:

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Just looking at that thing has the lactic acid pulsing in my legs. If you were on a mild climb cranking out 275 watts (which is hump'n it) and your combined bike/rider weight was 300lbs, you'd be at a crawl. I can't even imagine calculating the mechanical drag or the drag from those tires. Ouchie. That's one reason the two wheel drive bikes flopped. The wattage demand of powering even on more wheel was killer.

Plus, think of how inefficient those little cupcake wheels would be in even modest rockage.

That thing is horrible.......hope i get to ride it someday.:jump:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior