Pepe` Our Little Mule

James Pierce

Adventurer
Lengthened Tongue and a New Home

Well...

Word of our purchase of No. 183 spread quickly and without advertising Pepe quickly found his way to a new home dubbed "Elvis". Prior to his departure there were a few things that had to be done to make him ready for his new owner. I'll highlight those mods in a min.

Several years ago I had made a multi axis coupler and lengthened the tongue. Here are a few pics.

IMG_1274.jpeg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

James Pierce

Adventurer
Wider Fenders

A year or so ago we purchased a set of fenders from Jason over at Manley. When we purchased No. 183 my plan had been to move the tires and rims from him over to Pepe and keep the matching tires and wheels to use down the road. Being that the backspacing was different on the new wheels and that they were 8" vs 7" meant that I had to get off my duff and install the wider fenders to accommodate the new wheels.

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1612-1.jpg

IMG_1613-1.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

Last edited:

James Pierce

Adventurer
Spare Tire Carrier

Up until now the spare tire had resided inside the trailer. This was never an issue since our kitchen set up was in the back of the JK and we didn't need the space. The new owner had other plans and commissioned us to build a spare tire carrier.

IMG_1585.jpg

I needed to reinforce the tub for the upper hinge bracket. I used 1/4" plate to match the lower corner reinforcing and followed the lines found on the M101's.

IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

IMG_8942.jpg

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2527.jpg

James Pierce

Adventurer
Finished Product

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

The new owner also requested that we add a rear receiver to the trailer. It runs forward and is welded off to both the rear and 1/4 crossmember.

IMG_1659.jpg

k294

Oh man oh man... If you could just build me a lid, a rear spare tire mount, and a rear hitch like that for my m101, that would be grrrrreat.

I've had this thread bookmarked for years and time has come to get my trailer done and done right. Like yours. I don't have the time personally nor the fab skills but wow do I love your attention to detail.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
It sure is a nice build. Love that tire swing out... I installed a rear receiver hitch, but bolted it in, worked great and may be a spare carrier or might rig up a couple of Jerry Cans on a receiver mount for longer trips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger