Photographty Web Hosting Advise

CAPTAIN COORS

Adventurer
I need help finding a new web hosting for our photography, we are currently using IFP3 which works just fine but the down side is the cost $150 for 6 months and and our images are displayed very small. Is there a host that will display our images to fit the screen to show off fine detail?

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
I rent bulk hosting space from one of the top hosts in the country, I would be happy to help you out if you would like.. I'll send you an email...

OFRD_GRL

Adventurer
Umm.. I offer web hosting... if you would like....

Or I can recommend the company I get bulk space from for a plan for you.
they are great though.

this is my photography site (i built the whole site.. i dunno if you already have a template you use or if you need the hosting company to provide one...)
www.flashforwardphotography.com

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
I am a Flickr addict, and recommend it with much enthusiasm. $25/year for unlimited everything. Original photo is preserved. It does have a social skew, which you may or may not have interest in. The API is worth its weight in gold for web developers.

http://www.flickr.com/

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I'm very happy with SmugMug, now that they have embraced wide monitors in their layouts and photo display options. It's about $150 a year, no limit on number of files or sizes, and you get a profit on any photos sold for download or printed through them, and the watermarking could not be easier. Uploading is pretty painless also.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
H2O_Doc said:
I've been very pleased with 1and1 as a host and using Banana Album for the photos. I don't use a cart for orders (by choice), but that is an option.

Paul

www.wagnerphotographic.com

Banana Album is pretty darn cool. I've played with that in the past. I had forgotten about it!

GunnIt

Adventurer
X3 on Smugmug. The customization tools are great and it is an easy site to use.
It costs 39.95 to 149.95 depending on the type of account. I have 2 different sites with them and have nothing but accolades for the service.

nickatnite

Observer
GunnIt said:
X3 on Smugmug. The customization tools are great and it is an easy site to use.
It costs 39.95 to 149.95 depending on the type of account. I have 2 different sites with them and have nothing but accolades for the service.

Yup. I love SmugMug.

You might want to think about them, the guy "Baldy" that owns SmugMug also has 2 other sites (one of which is linked to here Adventure Rider) and DGrin.

Adventure Rider = Dual Sport Motorcycle Site
DGrin = Digital Grin, photograph forum/website

Rob O

Adventurer
x4 SmugMug ... great for hosting but it's the other services that make it stand out for pros. I use flickr for most of my stuff but have a smugmug account I'll go active with once I start looking to sell a few. Everyone I know with smugmug accounts loves it (for the most part).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior